Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wow Sales must be going Gangbusters !!!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
What parts? I can still still get plenty of VS gear and a fair amount of VR gear. VR ute specific parts are becoming quite rare and fetching fairly high dollars.

Second hand? Holden is basically NLA on all parts for anything older than 10 years.

Yea there is heaps of market place cars being wrecked but how many VL's do you see? That's about to become the VN-VS cars.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Second hand? Holden is basically NLA on all parts for anything older than 10 years.

Yea there is heaps of market place cars being wrecked but how many VL's do you see? That's about to become the VN-VS cars.

Gen NOS is getting hard to find but there are still parts available on ePrey. Not much I haven't been able to get aftermarket if it's a common replacement part. Some parts don't compare to Gen and are worth grabbing while they can still be bought. Probably the hardest thing to find is a V6 VS fuel reg. If anyone can find a new one then they should buy a lottery ticket.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Gen NOS is getting hard to find but there are still parts available on ePrey. Not much I haven't been able to get aftermarket if it's a common replacement part. Some parts don't compare to Gen and are worth grabbing while they can still be bought. Probably the hardest thing to find is a V6 VS fuel reg. If anyone can find a new one then they should buy a lottery ticket.
I think I put a new one on my VR from memory. I also put all new injectors from repco but it's been two years since it started.
My VS V8 I had to sonic clean the injectors before it would start after 6 years sitting idle.

I just checked today if PBR still do the VR-VS solid axle brake kit but they're no longer. I remember seeing a thermo fan and shroud kit for VR-VS aftermarket I can only find cheap ebay crap ones atm.
There used to be a whole lot of parts you could buy for these cars but they seem tonbe dissapearing.
Then in ten years time there will be a surge in demand and people will start making parts.

I still can't work out why no one has re made the Group A intake? That would sell like crazy and no there is no patent on it ffs.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VR V6 reg can be easily bought. I bought Protex brake kit for mine but the dust seals were 1mm too big and wouldn't fit. I used the old ones and replaced the main seals with the ones from the kit. I bought the second last PBR MC for a VR ute. There was one more in Aust at the time and I'd say that too has now gone. No more are being made either. Only V6 VR and VS have thermo fans as you know. Enough still around SH and better than new aftermarket ones.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
VR V6 reg can be easily bought. I bought Protex brake kit for mine but the dust seals were 1mm too big and wouldn't fit. I used the old ones and replaced the main seals with the ones from the kit. I bought the second last PBR MC for a VR ute. There was one more in Aust at the time and I'd say that too has now gone. No more are being made either. Only V6 VR and VS have thermo fans as you know. Enough still around SH and better than new aftermarket ones.

Yea but there's aftermarket kits for the V8 with fans but they're crap looking.
I put a brand new sedan PBR master on my VR plus it has new VT calipers only done bugger all km. Shiit the 5000 series rotors are rusted but I think they'll come up good with a machine.

The VR sedan is going to be wrecked for parts for my VS ute. But even then there is still stuff I need that I cant find new but with ridiculous price tags second hand. I still have a stuffed fuel sender because I lost the float and it'll cost me a minimum of $200 for a second hand 25 year old one most are on ebay @ $250+
My love for my Holdens is killing my wallet lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I should have kept my wagon one. I wanted to clean up so sent the tank, sender and all to SIMS and got $0 for it, along with the shell.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Sorry to say but Shane is sorta going down the right track that I've been thinking for quite some time and that is Good Cosmetic parts are really getting thin on the ground.

Running parts are no problem but interior stuff and I mean really good interior bits are so hard to come by now. UPI which we are blessed to have here in SA are already trending to VT,VX ~VY,VZ, there's even a splattering of VE's showing up there now. It was only 18 months ago that nearly all rows at their 3 yards were full of VR~VS cars but now there's only a couple here and there. VT's onwards are now taking the mantle in their yards and that means everywhere else is going to be even thinner. Yes there's still plenty of VS shiteheaps that show up but most bits are already trashed before they hit these yards and most of it just goes to scrap, so to me those just don't count as they are of no interest to me.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Sorry to say but Shane is sorta going down the right track that I've been thinking for quite some time and that is Good Cosmetic parts are really getting thin on the ground.

Running parts are no problem but interior stuff and I mean really good interior bits are so hard to come by now. UPI which we are blessed to have here in SA are already trending to VT,VX ~VY,VZ, there's even a splattering of VE's showing up there now. It was only 18 months ago that nearly all rows at their 3 yards were full of VR~VS cars but now there's only a couple here and there. VT's onwards are now taking the mantle in their yards and that means everywhere else is going to be even thinner. Yes there's still plenty of VS shiteheaps that show up but most bits are already trashed before they hit these yards and most of it just goes to scrap, so to me those just don't count as they are of no interest to me.

A mate runs a car freight company the most work he gets is dragging cars to SA. He gets some Sydney to Brisbane stuff but SA seems to be a hub for older cars. There's not many if any cars older than VY left here in ACT. One of the scrap yards closed down and the other got bought by ACM who only deal with 10yo cars. The only place here that is any chance of older cars is RE spares.
I can go to cooma but you have to walk the yard your self to find parts it's the second largest in the country.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I should grab some VR - VS interior parts from the local self-serve. There are plenty still there. Issue is he won't let you like around, grab a ton of bits and go pay. Nup you find parts, pay for parts then pull parts.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Soon it will be VEs.
Saw 4 of them today, bodies only, no glass, doors or wheels, probably no motor, heading to heaven.
All the bodies seemed straight, apart from where they had been piled on top of each other on the flat bed truck. Sad. :(