Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraiths 2004 VZ Berlina V8

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
And the modding begins...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Going to get under it tomorrow and see if the speed sensor is just disconnected. Doubtfull but you gotta have dreams. Will be drilling out the 2nd hole in the airbox when the new filter arrives. Ripped off the factory snorkel cause because I hate it.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I pulled the speed sensors out and cleaned them. Did both just to be on the safe side. Covered in muck couldn't even see the magnet. First test drive no errors so hopefully it was that simple. Exhaust arrived and looks awesome. Booked in to be fitted Thursday. Hopefully ECU will arrive before then.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I pulled the speed sensors out and cleaned them. Did both just to be on the safe side. Covered in muck couldn't even see the magnet. First test drive no errors so hopefully it was that simple. Exhaust arrived and looks awesome. Booked in to be fitted Thursday. Hopefully ECU will arrive before then.

Awesome news. Good pick up in the speed sensors. Hopefully the exhaust sounds awesome too.

I'm still waiting on one parcel of mine!

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
I still got more parcels to come. Going to be like Christmas for 2 weeks. Still waiting on ECU, filter, headlight and licence plate globes.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I still got more parcels to come. Going to be like Christmas for 2 weeks. Still waiting on ECU, filter, headlight and licence plate globes.

Xmas every pay week for me and this week is pay week! I had a look at them individual coil pack covers you mentioned and I'm still umming and arghhhing about it.

I just need this parcel, anxious as hell ahah.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even just the stock engine covers would tidy it up. No where near as bad as the old turtle shell was at retaining heat.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Exhaust and filter in. Just the exhaust alone has really picked it up. Sound is pretty quiet but exactly what I wanted. PCM was meant to arrive today but no idea what's going on there.

Edit: Haven't gotten exhaust video yet. Not much to hear really. Was really impressed for a $415 dollar eBay exhaust I was expecting crap. Full mandrel bent twin 2.5 with 2 mufflers and rear res. Even sits properly without adjusting. Only fail was the rear flange gasket that needed some cutting but no leaks so far.

Picture stolen from the eBay ad.
xQgIGB4.jpg

What it looks like fitted
cGfsDVL.jpg

Will be cutting out the xpipe because they are notorious for poor flow. Not sure if I will go twin pipes or Magnaflow Xpipe

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Exhaust and filter in. Just the exhaust alone has really picked it up. Sound is pretty quiet but exactly what I wanted. PCM was meant to arrive today but no idea what's going on there.

Edit: Haven't gotten exhaust video yet. Not much to hear really. Was really impressed for a $415 dollar eBay exhaust I was expecting crap. Full mandrel bent twin 2.5 with 2 mufflers and rear res. Even sits properly without adjusting. Only fail was the rear flange gasket that needed some cutting but no leaks so far.

Picture stolen from the eBay ad.
xQgIGB4.jpg

What it looks like fitted
cGfsDVL.jpg

Will be cutting out the xpipe because they are notorious for poor flow. Not sure if I will go twin pipes or Magnaflow Xpipe

Finally aye! The main thing is that you are happy. Keen to see a video and then another with the PCM install.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Looks good mate, coming along nicely. If you're cutting out the X pipe have you considered a H pipe? Supposed to sound good.