Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wraith's Rice Burner MX6 Turbo

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
So Demonica and I decided we needed a project. Was going to get a Holden Ute of some description but even the most basic ones cost far too much and I was banned from any more Commodore sedans. Did some researching and came across MX 6 Turbos. A little rice rocket straight out of the 80's torque steer and all. Found a clean example for $1950 with a roadworthy and a couple days of rego left. Has a bit of work needed to get it back to sleeper spec so I got him down to $1500. Expensive but it is in pretty good nick.

Got the car today but no keys as I still have some money to pay so I'm blatantly stealing the ad pics.

Psco1Jy.jpg

zeAsA54.jpg

p5KociY.jpg

jBfAsEU.jpg

ddQ9sp0.jpg

Mods so far that I'm going to do.

Registration
Rip off that fail blue tint
Proper gear knob with the pattern
New steering wheel that isn't taped together
Already comes factory with a front mount so will probably just up the boost to 10psi and go from there.

Last edited:

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
ewwwwwww na they pre cool cars

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
ewwwwwww na they pre cool cars

A lot better then the **** spec Pulsar ET we had. Looks better goes better and can't complain with electric everything. Plus sunroof for mad props.

Edit: Exhaust has a Lukey barrel muffler on at the moment but looking to go high flow cat and redo it all as it's far too close to hoses and the 4 wheel steer system.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
where'd you find that, bottom of a cereal box?

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
where'd you find that, bottom of a cereal box?

Would smoke your beemer pal.

Edit:
Damn it keep forgetting things. The speedo bounces around all over the place. Typical broken cable can get it for cheap enough. Sucks sitting in my driveway wanting to play with it but can't.

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
A lot better then the **** spec Pulsar ET we had. Looks better goes better and can't complain with electric everything. Plus sunroof for mad props.

Edit: Exhaust has a Lukey barrel muffler on at the moment but looking to go high flow cat and redo it all as it's far too close to hoses and the 4 wheel steer system.

rear steering feels a little weird in them

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah can be a bit weird to begin with but you get used to it. Have only really driven it briefly before buying it. Old owner still has the keys till Tuesday but rego runs out tomorrow.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
That'd look awesome with paint and dropped over those wheels!
Nothing else other than a debadge.
For a Mazda, I don't mind them.

I'm surprised you couldn't pick up a ute cheap enough though, although, depends on what your after

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blame Demonica she's picky as. Does need moar low though. Looking at the clubby and the Mazda side on it's like damn 4wd. I love how stealthy it is. No turbo badge to give it away just looks like an old Mazda until you shift and it sneezes.

SS-REX

Reaction score
Members Ride
03-VY-SS-UTE
Yeah they have up and go in them don't like that 4WS thou gets loose at odd times.Could be just the one i drove thou filter and a exhaust should get it to harder. I think they boost 6-7psi stock so 10psi should give it a bit more torque steer fun.Nice care mate