Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wreck help

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vs v8 the ecu is the same as a vr v6/v8 ecu not the same as a vs v6 one

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
vs v8 the ecu is the same as a vr v6/v8 ecu not the same as a vs v6 one

Hi delco, so if i use an ecu from a vr(i have one) and put the memcal(that is the removeable chip in the ecu isnt it?)i should be right to go.

Because i didnt have the key for the original barrel i changed the complete barrel, so now i have the key and remote that match the bcm i put in.
It still didnt have injector pulse. So i had another look and realized i didnt put the earth wire back on the ign housing. It now has injector pulse but it only runs for about 10-20 seconds and wont rev. Is that because the ecu and the bcm isnt linked?

Cheers Shane

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The VS doesnt need the BCM matched or linked to the ECU with a Tech1 or Tech 2 scantool.Only the VT and later models use this setup.Not the VS or earlier.With the VS,as long as the ignition keyhead matches the BCM,it will start.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Lesson 1 for today- check the simple things.

Came home today and decided to kick it over, went first go and didnt stall. Tried to work out what i have done and the only thing i can think off is pushing it out of my shed. The rear entrance to my shed is downhill, so i am thinking lack off petrol in the tank.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cheers Shane