Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wrecking Yards?

ken1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
39 Chevy Coupe, 31 Chevy LP, 32 Ford Ute
I am looking for some advice on wrecking yards in Vic. I am in the USA and I know what we consider a wrecking yard here is different that what you may have. I am looking for some 08 Commodore Ute body sections. I am looking to get the B pillar back including the bed floor and rear gate/tail lights etc. You may refer to it as the sail panel aft. Any ideas on places that have parts like to sell. My shipper is in Lilydale for a reference point.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I am looking for some advice on wrecking yards in Vic. I am in the USA and I know what we consider a wrecking yard here is different that what you may have. I am looking for some 08 Commodore Ute body sections. I am looking to get the B pillar back including the bed floor and rear gate/tail lights etc. You may refer to it as the sail panel aft. Any ideas on places that have parts like to sell. My shipper is in Lilydale for a reference point.

Lilydale is an eastern suburb of Melbourne. About 35 miles out east from CBD.
Do a Google on Lilydale motor wreckers and several will come up.
Kilsyth may also work as there are some in that area.
Email them telling them what you want/need and explain P/U for parts to go O/S is in Lilydale.

Many of the wrecking yards here will know where things are and can get them in. Good luck.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
there's also a heap of wreckers on eBay, hit a few of them up as well.

ken1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good suggestions so far. Any with websites and email are probably going to be the best due to time differences. My shipper could probably round up things for me, but its like someone getting you a date....I still prefer to pick the lady I ask I recon :)

ken1939

Reaction score
Members Ride
Some successes with Ebay, I have a vendor that is willing to get me what I am looking for. No purchase just yet, but not a bad deal.