Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

write-off ... where do i stand

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Ok , the plot thickens . The towie took it upon himself to decide that the car is a write-off and handed the plates in and took the car to the auction place . When i mentioned this to a mate , he said there is a scam where the towies do that even if the car is repairable and buy it cheap , fix it and sell it .The guys at the insurance company refused to speak to the owner of the car , but when he mentioned police and solicitor they said they think that they can track the car down but it might have already been sold.When he asked for his cheque for the car ,again they refused because he hadn't signed the paperwork to sign the car over to the insurance company .so in theory the towie has stolen the car .Stay tuned will post more info as comes to hand.

A similar thing happened with mine now that you mention it.
The towie refused to take the car to the insurance assors because he thought it was a write off, even though the insurance company was telling me i had to send it to them.
In the end I gave up trying to convince the towing company (after about 6 hours on the phone), and told the insurance people to deal with them direct.
In the end an insurance guy had to go see the car at the holding yard because of the stubborn towies