Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Wrong address on fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I think the "asshole " done you a favour . Bald tyres + winter weather = accident .

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
The tread wear indicators are just that, they're to indicate the tyre is worn to far, not it now needs replacing (it should've been replaced before it got to them). If you check the rwc rules you'll find that most tyres are below the requirement before they even get to the indicators.
I know the tyres on the back of my car need replacing, they're about 5 years old and the tread is above the indicators, measuring the remaining tread there's 1.4mm left, damn the requirement is 1.5mm i think in vic, so if i get pulled up before tomorrow i'll get a defect notice, nothing i can do about it.

hate to say it but with the price of roadworthy checks these days between $200-$300, i imagine the fine is close to that aswell? it's just not worth letting it slide to a state that is questionable, besides it annoys the cops more if they can't find anything wrong :p one memorable moment i had ended up with 3 cop cars (2 unmarked) and about 6 cops ripped my car apart wearing rubber gloves, nfi what they were looking for (i have never been caught with anything or hung around with anyone like that and was just driving from my parents house to home), they found 1 or 2 things wrong with the car and put if off the road there and then, gave me 10 minutes to get it home..... and you think your experience was bad

Last edited:

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
none of my fines have been perfect, wrong rego, wrong date of birth, wrong name spelling, wrong spelling on steet/ suburb. meh i just pay it!
years ago i had an extradition warrant to return me to another state and my name was spelled wrong, best i could do was delay it for one month till it was ammended, wish i had'nt coz was in Darwin at summer time.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
The other week I was pulled over on my way home from a friends, long story short the cop was an asshole defected my car for unrwc tyres, but on the infringement notice he put the address where I was interceptered and not my home address. Can I fight this or night? If so how and where. This isn't the first te it's happened. The first time they were sending notices for me to another address I'd never been to, luckily for me it was a family members friend so the whole country didnt known business. I just want to know if I can fight this, it's quite pathetic he can't do his job properly.

You're in the wrong. Fix your car. Pay the fine. Learn from the experience and move on.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
It's called being mature. Own up to your sh*t. The end of last year I was pulled over for having a headlight out, as a result he checked
my tyres, I knew this was going to be bad, 50,000 city kays had obviously taken its toll and I got defected. Even though I had to get
a loan from a friend, I paid it. The only thing that stung was my rear p plate had fallen off and I was fined 200 and something dollars and
lost 3 demerits. And you know what? I sucked it up and cleared out the rest of my piggy bank. Cops aren't assholes, they're just sick of
morons.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Your lucky they didn't impound your car. They were quite within there rights to do so. Bald rear tyres=skids=hoon legislation. Pay the fine and suck it up princess. He handed you the fine, you've taken it out of his hands, there for you have taken responsibility for the offence.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
The police force is a joke if you ask me, and the fact that an infringement is allocated with a defect is a joke. What about the photo of the cop on their mobile phone getting around? So much for setting an example

In some situations they actually need to use their Mobile phones when driving. Remember the radios are a public broadcast so they are not a suitable form of communication in some circumstances.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
In some situations they actually need to use their Mobile phones when driving. Remember the radios are a public broadcast so they are not a suitable form of communication in some circumstances.

last i heard it was illegal to use a cb/2way radio system while driving aswell, don't most police forces have a digital encrypted radio system that you cannot tune into with a scanner and listen to for private/sensitive communications?

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Agreed with everyone else.. Suck it up fix your car and stop doing burnouts (unless its at a safe track/raceway) and you wont be defected for bald tyres.. Not worth fighting for really.. As someone said in a post some are pricks but some are actualy doing their job… I get pulled over all the time and im on my green p plates almost opens but i don’t disrespect unless im disrespected. So therefore normally just a breath test and licence/rego check and im on my way no fine at all.. Have only had 2 defects in the whole 4 or whatever years iv been driving.. If you decide to fight it im sure he will be a prick back and just defect you for something else like loud exhaust or to low or something minor.. Then you will be back to square one. Pay your fine,Fix your car and get back on with everyday life.

Status
Not open for further replies.