Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB: towbar kit to suit vs

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
Hi guys,

i'm prolly not in the right section (i'm new so be easy on me) so feel free to move my post, but i'm looking to buy a tow kit to suit a vs commodore sedan. does anyone have one they are wanting to get rid of or do you know of a place where i can get one cheap. im on the south side in brissy but will travel if the need arises. also, will earlier/later model (eg: vn or vt) tow kits suit as well? is it universal or model specific?

any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Jazack.

R

rattattack1313

I don't know if it would fit, but I have a VN one here.......and I am just off the freeway, 7 K's south of Brizz............. :thumbsup:

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
thanks for the quick reply mate. does anyone know if a vn will fit on vs? how much are you chasing for it??

Cheers,

Jazack.

R

rattattack1313

I don't know if it will fit...one of the other members would , though..( Can't even find the silly thing right now).......message me later, mate.....we could even do a trip to the wreckers...( I have a multimeter, and a bit of electrical know-how's)..........

Jazack

Reaction score
Members Ride
'91 VN SS
thanks mate i appreciate it.

will see if anyone else can shed some light on the subject, otherwise i might take you up on your offer.

malscar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZSv6
Does your VS have IRS. If it does then you may find the earlier towbars will not fit. I have a hayman reece heavy duty bar off my old VN and it would not fit my VS with IRS. Had to buy new towbar and therefore I now have the old bar with boot strengtheners taking up room in the garage.

R

rattattack1313

Hmm.seems we don't have a spare tow-bar mate...sorry....I would happily accompany you to the wreckers around here anytime though.........

V

vsDBcar

go tothe wreckers vn vp vr all fit the vs and are easy only looking at about 100 for the lot all u need is a drill and some bolts and the wireing kit is all colour coded makes for a no fus install

R

rattattack1313

Well, there we go ,hey???? too easy..thanx for that mate.......I have the wiring and plug here....just no bar.....

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
I got a wiring thingy from holden that plugs in behind the rh side taillight and is a flat strap that you just hang out of the boot when in use. Cost about $30 from memory?? Saves on drilling holes everywhere too.