Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTB VK 202 3.3lt EFI SETUP Melbourne

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Yeah the guy's only got a few left and he said he isn't gonna make any more for a while. He gave me a ring 2night to let me know he's posting it 2morrow, and I rekon he said he's only got one or 2 left.

I'm also getting the addon for the engine bay lights :thumbsup:

Here's his website, his email is on there somewhere if u wanna get in contact with him:
Niche Electronic and Industrial Products

Yeah if u could get photo's that would be great. I guess the loom, computer, tachometric relay and air bypass valve should fit in a pretty small box, so postage shouldn't be much hey? If u could box the gear up and get a quote to send it to Port Pirie, 5540, SA, that would be great! :D

If the whole loom comes with it that's prolly a good thing, coz I rekon I might need another coz I snipped a heap of wires which I thought I didn't need....then looked at a different wiring diagram and it says something totally different haha.

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Okay no probs - so the full VK Calais loom (it's missing the taillight harness I think, not that you'd miss that) and the rest of the gear...

It'll box up quite nicely... though it'll weigh a couple of kg, so postage could be up to $15...

Call it an even $90 including post?

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
If anyone needs vk efi parts, lemme kno which bits you want.. ive got heaps here :)

Cheers

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Okay no probs - so the full VK Calais loom (it's missing the taillight harness I think, not that you'd miss that) and the rest of the gear...

It'll box up quite nicely... though it'll weigh a couple of kg, so postage could be up to $15...

Call it an even $90 including post?

Yeah mate sounds good. Only problem is I might not be able to get it this pay....it will depend on how much it costs to buy a few meters of thick cable to go from the starter to the battery in the back. I'll even try and get a few hours of work which will give me a few extra dollars. I'll let ya know soon.

Hey I don't suppose ya got a temp sensor thingo aye? I had one on the VK motor for the est, but used it in PEAKN6 when we put the EFI gear in that coz the one on that motor was stuffed.

Then all I need is an air box, afm, fuel lines, fuel pump and tank. :thumbsup:

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
You want some cable too? I've gotta move the battery back to the engine bay for RWC - only did the conversion about 2 months back.

It includes terminals, a 100A circuit breaker with digital voltage readout, all cabling (inc multiple earthing cables), distribution block, and connectors (all good quality Jaycar gear, and Stinger/Aerpro cabling). Everything needed for the conversion.

I've got the distribution block mounted on the underside of my fusebox (fits very nicely under there, hidden well)... so I have 1 length of 4GA and one length of 8GA from battery to the block (running parallel), and then it branches from the block to the starter, alternator and main +ve line of the loom.

Can get photos of the installed setup if you're keen.

If you're interested, I can sell you the complete setup (box is yours too if you want, and all the fat rubber grommets to run the cabling through the holes I had to drill)... let me know if you're interested and I'll make up a price.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Yeah mate I'm interested in that too :thumbsup:

I asked a sparky about it and he rekons 4gauge cable isn't thick enough....i think that's wat he said....or the strands were too thin or sumfin (on the stuff i showed him). He said if it's to small the battery will end up going flat and it won't kick over properly.

So how did it go in ur car? Did ur battery start to go flat? Did it kick over quickly when u turned they key?

Yeah would love to see some pics and a price too. If u could gets pics of it all so I know exactly wat comes with it that would be great. :thumbsup:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Oh and how come u had to take it out to pass the rwc? I thought it was legal if done right?

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
I've got 4GA and 8GA running in parallel - so it's not 4GA on it's own. It was SLIGHTLY slower to kick over; but this would easily be fixed by running another length of 4GA instead of the 8GA that's there. But it's not a problem, it worked fine for me :)

I did the conversion in the middle of winter (in Melbourne!) and never had any starting problems.

As for the RWC I believe you're correct... but I'd rather just have it under the bonnet - it might scare people off having it in the boot or something :p And it's one less thing for the RWC guys to scrutinize - plus it's more cash in my pocket if I can sell it separate from the car ;)

I'll get some pics tonight (at work atm) and a price - like I said all the gear is only a couple of months old, so I'll work out a cost and let ya know :)

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
Ok cheers mate. I got about 7 meters of 4gauge cable already from when I had my stezza....haven't got a stezza anymore since it got nicked when the car got broken into so no need for it. Altho even if I did have a stezza I wouldn't need 7 meters if the battery is in the back haha. ;)

synoptica

Stripping VK - PM me!
Reaction score
Members Ride
No longer a Commodore
Well then you're easily set dude... just replace the 8GA with the 4GA I got - I've leave the 8GA out and keep it for amp cabling for the next car :)

Like I said I'll get some pics, it's a pretty decent setup.