Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF cops?

michael9s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss series ||
He was still looking at the road and lights, talking as you would to a passenger, yeah a driver could have run a red light and crashed through 5 cars and eventually hit us, haha

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i dont see why using handfree or bluetooth is legal anyway.

its just another distraction to have on the road.

anything that takes your concentration away from the road should be illegal pretty much.
until then the road will not be as safe as it can be.

for the record my phone goes on silent and stays in my pocket because it means i cannot even try to get it out.

Pffft - I talk on the car blue tooth for at least 1 hour a day, often several hours. No different to talking to a passenger IMO.

Reaper

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Pffft - I talk on the car blue tooth for at least 1 hour a day, often several hours. No different to talking to a passenger IMO.

Reaper

it might be ok for someone like yourself who has been driving for many years.
but definately for Beginner drivers (so P Plates) there should be no potential distractions.

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

Reaper

I agree, you still have both hands on the steering wheel, so it's just like talking to someone sitting next to you. Whereas if you are holding the phone, you only have one hand on the steering wheel, but in this case, the passenger was supposedly holding the phone. Anyway, whats happened has happened, he got fined, obviously the police officer felt it was needed, otherwise he wouldn't of pulled you over in the first place. Another thing, cops are always right, don't argue with them.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Driving while on handsfree is still distracting because your concentration is on the conversation as well as the road. Not hard to imagine.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Driving while on handsfree is still distracting because your concentration is on the conversation as well as the road. Not hard to imagine.

So talking to passengers is also a distraction?

I guess soon they will ban all passengers in cars.

What about taxi drivers? They're driving, using their GPS, flicking on the meter, making conversation and looking at their next job whilst tuning the radio station and setting the heater temperature.

It's all a load of bullshit.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
So talking to passengers is also a distraction?

I guess soon they will ban all passengers in cars.

What about taxi drivers? They're driving, using their GPS, flicking on the meter, making conversation and looking at their next job whilst tuning the radio station and setting the heater temperature.

It's all a load of bullshit.

All voice boxes will be removed upon successful completion of a license test.

Also with hands free stuff, I used to drive around in a ...popular telecommunications company van...all day, and was on handsfree with customers, bosses, head-office and call centre's about 2-3 hours a day back when I was on my P's....it's not hard you just need the right set-up and have the awareness to connect to your handsfree before you start driving.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
what if the lights went green, someone runs the red, and because hes talking on the phone, his reaction time is slowed and BAM, both of you are dead?

yes, its the red light runners fault, but concentration could have saved the both of you.

hopefully he learns from it.

So what if we was talking to his mate and not the phone the mate was holding, could the same thing happen. Maybe we should ban p plate drivers from talking while driving.

DylanWillo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 2005
Heaps of cops are pricks here, they look for a reason to fine you or yellow sticker your car, and $250 and 3 demerits is bull ****. Doing 19km over is $150 and 2 demerits much more dangerous than a phone being held by someone else!

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Yeah I knew that here in NSW its illegal for the Red P platers to even have a phone ON on the car that they are driving. But, whats the deal with the loud speaker rule, does this apply to all licence holders?

I have a mate that holds his phone in front of him on loud speaker and thinks its legal... I keep telling him he might as well just hold it to his ear lol...