Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is going on with kids/teens today?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
So, looking through some news videos and the titles run a bit like this:

Queensland teen bashes security guard
Teen who killed parents cries in police car
Teen laughs after taking police van for joy ride
Teen king-hits schoolteacher

Seriously, wtf is with todays youth.

I've copped lip at the station on multiple occasions from teens.

I remember when I was growing up, me any my mates were not exactly model students/citizens.

But generally getting in **** from teachers was a bit of an"oh ****" moment and police, fark, that was deep ****.

But these days, they don't seem to give a **** about anyone.

WTF?

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
How about NYE here in SA. An 18 year old shoots a 16 year old in the street.

Back in my day you would have a fight at lunch time on the school oval involving nothing more than fists and feet while everyone gathered around until the Teachers broke it up.

These days you get stabbed or shot dead. How times have changed.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just read another story where a 15yo stabbed a bouncer who didn't let him into a night club.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
everyone else raising their kids except the parents... my wifes niece is 14 and she dresses like 25, stays out till 2am with random older dudes in random other suburbs. she called the police on her parents when they got into an argument one day, its only a matter of time till shes pregnant or in jail or both... all cause her mother works full time and dad dosent give a crap. 90% of all these problems is parents not being around or not caring.

i went over there a month ago to fix his toilet (brother in law) and i **** you not this is what i heard

daughter: im going over so and so's house later (insert skank name)
mum: dont you think you should give it a break your over there too much, maybe her mother dosent want you there all the time.
daughter: shut the #### up wtf do you know!

my jaw literally dropped open and i was waiting for the sound of new orleans pimp slap, but her mother said and did nothing back. if i said some **** like that to my mother when i was 14 i wouldnt be here typing this...

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
A lot of it is because kids have more rights then parents now days. Hit a kid oh that's child abuse queue cops etc.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
my mother was always at work (taxis) and i have no father but for some reason i didnt end up like one of those little ungrateful bastards, but she told be how the world was at a early age, so never really mixed with people at school and basically had nothing to do with other people, the only people i hanged out with was people older then me because they respect me and some kids my age that got bullied because i knew they are not like the other kids, and i turned out fine and have never once went out doing stupid things.

i think its the people they hang out with out school that make them like this, and the parents need to grow some balls

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
A lot of it is because kids have more rights then parents now days. Hit a kid oh that's child abuse queue cops etc.

you can expect a certain amount disorder due to teen hormones and what not i understand that. i told my step kids the first time they disrespected me with that kind of talk, its not my place to put my hands on them cause im not blood, but talk some trash like that to someone out in the street theyre not going to be as nice as i am... learn to deal with people in a respectful way, cause its its that one person you talk smack to thats not having it and your toast.. been there seen it...

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
There is cotton wool parents and parents that read from new age books that pretty much just tell them to agree with everything.

One funny thing i noticed one day while i was at a coles supermarket was, a kid, no older than 15 on his break from the checkout.

His breaktime meal consisted of a family size block of chocolate (which he was eating like corn on the cob) and a large can of Rockstar.

Im pretty sure if his parents knew they would have at least said hey, thats not the best meal choice for you. Well atleast I'd hope they would.

Biznatch303

Pew Pew Lasers
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Ute/ 16 MQ Triton
I couldn't agree more.

The younger generations just do my head in sometimes.
Stabbing, shootings, drugs, pregnancy, the list is endless. (i'm not saying that this hasn't always happened but it's sure as hell gotten worse)

The total lack of respect, thinking they have a right to everything, getting everything given to them, it makes me sick.

When i was younger i never would of done a quarter of the stuff that goes on these days. And we sure as hell had respect for the Authorities.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Yeah I dunno, kids have never been like that. They used to make all the right choices. It sucks but that's life, some people...

195. Socrates (469-399 B.C.). Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations. 1989

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

edit:
What does that mean to me? It means we see the effect of ####ed up people being noticed when they're young and then painting all young people the same, the same as we, as olds, have been doing forever. I know many fine young people, they just don't make front page news.