Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WTF is Happening with JC?

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
Its the public face of JCs that people are worried about. If someone affiliated with the forum does something stupid and gets caught doing it, then Garth and Darren have to deal with the aftermath, ie cops. They want a forum with responsible members on board, not one full of idiotic hoons as a few other forums have problems with, that includes Ford associated forums as well Holden forums. Many of you may disagree with the action that has been taken by Garth and Darren, but in their eyes it was the right decision. Its like government policies, some people agree with them, some people don't agree with it flat out and some people agree with parts of it and want some changes. Its going to take a little while for rifts and wounds to heal, and in the end things may be better than they were before the war of words arrupted. So Ratt has walked out on the forum, thats his problem and his alone, he needs to sort things out with Garth and Darren. Its just a pity he said and did some regretable things in relation to members and merchandise. I could harp on and on about this but we all need to move on as a collective. Lets get back to what JCs is all about; the cars, not the politics of it all!!!

Andy :thumbsup:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Thankyou all for clearing this up.

I shall continue to remain on the sidelines for this one. I think the bench requires some warming. I am sorry to hear full open story but at least now I know.

But i just have one old saying to add to this off topic post.

"Forgive and forget"

Airstrike, I forgive your actions and feel that you returning to a moderater position is suitable. allowing you the time to redeem your actions to return to power. Despite a little anger when I first heard what had happen, I am well over it and look forward to seeing you around more

Rattattack, if you read this, You may not agree with what is said in this topic, and though somewhat taken aback with what has gone on, I still deeply respect you. You are a great person. The events do not change my opinion of you. Be well.

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
I just had a thought, do you think all this negativity has anything to do with it being Friday the 13th? heh Puts an interesting spin on it.

Andy

***Blatent attempt to lighten the mood***

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
well i only know a few details, not much at all about what happened, but i think cant everything go back to the way it was before? cant all the mods or admins be re-instated and just forget it all happened.

good night all, ill talk to ya when i get back from hollidays on the 28th.
hope its sorted out then bye.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
fourstar82 said:
I just had a thought, do you think all this negativity has anything to do with it being Friday the 13th? heh Puts an interesting spin on it.

Andy

***Blatent attempt to lighten the mood***
Hmmm theres a thought.........
AirStrike :air:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
My turn.

I have been a member of this site since almost the beginning. It used to be a good site with no problems and good mods. Then you started adding new ones, bloody kids. Kids who go on cruises, chew up fields and basically get away with it.

Darren, has it occurred to you that the members and NOT the moderators make this site happen. Without them you would have a membership consisting of mods. Listen to them - the majority are sending YOU a clear message - get rid of airstrike. I daresay this is the start of something big. People are angry that Rat has gone yet a law breaker has been allowed to stay AND get the prize of mod. I would love him to ban a post by anyone claiming to do a bit of circle work - how hypocritical would that look?

Stuff the fact your mods all agreed it was ok for him to return. Did it cross your mind maybe they figured they should agree lest any rocking the boat might cost them their own mods? Then Rat, god love him, decided to speak up and say this is wrong.

I am to assume I can whack on a JC site sticker, rock up to the Adelaide cruise, destroy an oval doing some nice circle work, get a ban from here for a bit, then come back. If you allow the people that moderate this site to do so, then the rest of us can too. I can sit idle for a couple of weeks till my time is up, then come back and I am not even a mod, so I daresay my ban would be a week tops?

Also, return to the former mods - there never used to be trouble such as girl friends of mods flaming other posters, or at least make sure they have grown pubes before giving them a responsible position. Some of us don't care what goes on behind the scenes, it's what the public sees that matters most.

The people want Rat in, Airstrike out. Listen to the people, they make this site.

C.

semmi

Reaction score
i agree with sahsyre.

yes ok airstrike has apologised over his actions - but clearly his standing with the members of this forum has dropped. what good is a mod who doesn't have the respect of the members of the board.

am i saying he shouldn't be a mod or even an admin ever again? not at all, but he should earn his position of respect - and that isn't going to happen after being banned for a couple of weeks and then suddenly reappearing with almost all his privileges back.

rat put his foot down. i will say that threats of violence, if they were made, are not on either. but rat also earned the respect of the members. that's why this big fuss has been made. there's a reason he was way on top of the reputation points table...

other mods - no issues with... except... juzza's attitude of late has been pretty much "i'm a mod, i can say and do what i want" - again not a great way to earn respect... and having his girlfriend come on here and get all defensive isn't exactly going to inspire feelings of goodwill... also it undermines his position as a mod, if he's not seen as being able to stand up for himself. it's not like she's a regular member who posts other stuff and just happens to be involved. she pretty much looks like she joined just to jump in on the shitfight.

yeah the admins and the mods can do what they want but what good is a board full of mods and no members left?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Mr ratt has earned his standings with all of you for seeming to be the one who did everything, move threads, edit them, etc.........
What about the rest of us making sure there is never any down time on the site, chasing up sponsors, posting technical advice.......all of this goes un-noticed, so I guess all the admin/mod team shold just stop posting and just close, move and edit threads.......
Again on my situation, what are your feelings on the other members allowed to return? They were all reinstated to there previous roles, I was not.........
AirStrike :air:

*EDIT* And this 'he was returned with almost all his 'powers' is so far from the truth, the roles and functions of the mod and admin are quite different'

semmi

Reaction score
if that edit comment was directed at me, you will note i said "privelege" - as a mod you are still in a position of power and privelege compared to other members - i'm aware this is different to being an admin.

as far as i was aware the other members who were allowed to return were standard members? i could be wrong on this so please correct me if i am.

kurtbarker

Reaction score
Sashyre said:
My turn.

I have been a member of this site since almost the beginning. It used to be a good site with no problems and good mods. Then you started adding new ones, bloody kids. Kids who go on cruises, chew up fields and basically get away with it.

Darren, has it occurred to you that the members and NOT the moderators make this site happen. Without them you would have a membership consisting of mods. Listen to them - the majority are sending YOU a clear message - get rid of airstrike. I daresay this is the start of something big. People are angry that Rat has gone yet a law breaker has been allowed to stay AND get the prize of mod. I would love him to ban a post by anyone claiming to do a bit of circle work - how hypocritical would that look?

Stuff the fact your mods all agreed it was ok for him to return. Did it cross your mind maybe they figured they should agree lest any rocking the boat might cost them their own mods? Then Rat, god love him, decided to speak up and say this is wrong.

I am to assume I can whack on a JC site sticker, rock up to the Adelaide cruise, destroy an oval doing some nice circle work, get a ban from here for a bit, then come back. If you allow the people that moderate this site to do so, then the rest of us can too. I can sit idle for a couple of weeks till my time is up, then come back and I am not even a mod, so I daresay my ban would be a week tops?

Also, return to the former mods - there never used to be trouble such as girl friends of mods flaming other posters, or at least make sure they have grown pubes before giving them a responsible position. Some of us don't care what goes on behind the scenes, it's what the public sees that matters most.

The people want Rat in, Airstrike out. Listen to the people, they make this site.

C.

What a top post... I tried to say that, and I did, not as good as that though, nice one

Ok, listen to the members... How many already have said they are prepared to leave over this thing? Well add another one to the list.

If people feel so strongly about this, the people that make this site happen, you don't listen to them then they will leave...

You guyz may think he should be back [airstike] and yes you guyz did 'create' this site, but it wouldn't be much if there were only a couple of new posts a day because the member count was greatly reduced.

As has been said in more than half of the posts so far...

Airstrike out / Rat in

*starts making signs*

Hey guyz i'm just gunna wack a JC sticker on my car and burn up a couple of fields, i'll see you in a week or 2 when i'm allowed back on... Bloody stupid...

:air: