Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X Contact Dealer PO463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Dear Members,

I would really appreciate help with this fault.

Car VE SV6 3.6L 9.5 5 speed auto

I have had an issue with my SV6 where X Contact dealer and X Service warnings show up on the dash. When these warnings come up the fuel gauge drops to empty (regardless of amount of fuel) and the car will start to misfire and then enter limp home mode.

I have had the car looked at by a mechanic and an auto electrician, the fault code that came up was PO463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High. They have recommended taking the car back to the Holden Dealer under extended warranty. (Booran - avoid like the plague)

I have done a search on this forum and other holden sites but didn't have much luck.

If there is anyone who has had this issue or knows anything about it can you please let me know? I would rather not take it back to Booran holden due to their poor service and warranty related issues (but that might be my car only).

Thanks to anyone who can help in advance.

Y.B.SHY

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F GTS
I just picked my car up from my mechanic getting that exact fault fixed. Mines not a V6 so not sure if they share the same fuel pump\sender but mine had a broken wiring connection in the pump assembly.

My mechanic has never seen or heard of the issue before. They replaced the complete pump\sender unit hitched fixed the issue.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Thanks heaps for the reply. Really appreciate it.

Yeah took quite a while for them to try find the fault, in the end after testing every single wire and electrical component the sparky decided to change the fuel pump/sender unit. That fixed it. Apparently its a common issue?

black77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Just had the same fault show up on my MY9.5 Omega. Holden refuse to do it under extended warranty as only the pump is covered not the sender (same part...go figure) anyway, Holden quoted me $700+ fix fix the issue was wondering if this is a reasonable price or can someone point me in a cheaper direction (eastern subs of melbourne)?

Cheers guys.

NoMoreHoldensForMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve
Yep we had the same problem mech replaced fuel sender cost $400 3 months later had softwear updated by holden now the ####ing thing wont start fuel showing empty might be problem with non genuine part, went in because timing chain is streached sounds to me the early ve v6 (pre08) motors have big problems best to avoid.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
Yep we had the same problem mech replaced fuel sender cost $400 3 months later had softwear updated by holden now the ####ing thing wont start fuel showing empty might be problem with non genuine part, went in because timing chain is streached sounds to me the early ve v6 (pre08) motors have big problems best to avoid.

The price sounds about right. I had the repair done by Knight Auto Electrics in Mulgrave. They initially sent the car to a holden dealer to confirm it was the sender as they had never seen this before. I had the car seen by other mechanics/elecs who could not repair it They did it fairly quickly and I haven't had any problems with it since. If you do use them ensure that they have refitted the rear seat properly before you get home.

I have had a whole lot of issues with my sv6 and they're still ongoing. I'm overseas trying to enjoy a break and recently found out that ether my battery, alternator and/or some other electrical component is failing.

I won't buy another holden. They're nice looking cars but when parts faii, no fault of your own, your out of luck and out of money.