Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

X Pipe Changeover

Project Terra

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute 2002
Hi guys,

I have a Full Xforce 3" dual exhaust, from headers to tips on a vy ss ute.

I'm debating getting rid of the x pipe for a h pipe or straight pipes, apparently the only difference between the h pipe and straight pipes is a plate that holds them, so is there any point to the h pipe over the straight pipe, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if I go ahead with cutting out the x pipe I'll be getting the pipes myself and then taking it to get it fitted, so there polished and mirrored to match the rest of the exhaust. Is 2 meters of polished pipe enough to replace the x pipe section to make a h pipe or straight pipe section?

Any help is appreciated, Cheers, Tyrone.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The H pipe balances the exhaust pulses from side to side taking out the crackly note. The X Force kiss pipe is restrictive as it narrows down to less than 3" where they meet.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Would that X pipe be enough to hold back a cars power figure mate?

03VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute SS 5.7 M6
Wouldn't bother with swapping the pipes over. It'll change the exhaust note a bit but nothing noticeable as of power difference. The X-pipe flows extremely well as would the H or straights. Just not worth it unless you're after some sound changes.