Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xbox red light..........

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
All RRoD Fixes are covered on the 3 year warranty issued by microsoft(the store charged you for a warranty that is implied not offered as an extra)just get a copy of your receipt and microsoft should still honour it

This guys got it right just ring them up have your serial number with you and they'll sort it out with their ****ty fake american accents

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
not a prob sav ill do it tomorrow some time as its in my lounge and my house mate and friend r making strange and suss noises and I'm not gain to go in there.

the inter cooler out of the box plugs in to the xbox and the xbox power supply plugs into that if that makes sense, but i cut the connector and the bottom of the inter cooler off and gave it its own power supply from a wall transformer because the xbox power supply (brick) has a set amount it puts out so if it was plugged in the in to the xbox it would takes the power before the xbox gets it and it wouldn't get the recommended power supply. youll see what i mean tommorow when i ppst up pix :D.

thanks man :) sounds like u put some effort into it lol :)

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
thanks man :) sounds like u put some effort into it lol :)

here u go mate :D.....

this is it

PC150963.jpg

this is what it looks like on the xbox

PC150958.jpg

PC150970.jpg

this is what they come like out the box

PC150968.jpg

and this is the part thats ment to sit in between that i removed

PC150974.jpg

these are the fans (i couldent bebothered removeing the fans when i painted it) and my dodgy cutting job :D

PC150964.jpg

hope this is what u wanted to see.

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah thanks man :) lol nice paint job ;) hahaa but yeah thanks for that

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
If its out of warrenty it will cost around 130 to fix. However if its red ringed you get 3 years warrenty so just ring them and confirm it.

Do not try any of those fixes like towel fixes etc. Also i wouldnt try those intercoolers. Some of them are prone to breaking the xbox more than it helps cool them.

Your best bet is either ringing Microsoft support ive forgotten the number... but should be somewhere on the xbox or something. Or what ive found helpful jump on the xbox australia forums and have a bit of a look.

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
If its out of warrenty it will cost around 130 to fix. However if its red ringed you get 3 years warrenty so just ring them and confirm it.

Do not try any of those fixes like towel fixes etc. Also i wouldnt try those intercoolers. Some of them are prone to breaking the xbox more than it helps cool them.

Your best bet is either ringing Microsoft support ive forgotten the number... but should be somewhere on the xbox or something. Or what ive found helpful jump on the xbox australia forums and have a bit of a look.

rang microsoft/xbox service they said it will cost me $152

sister rang the shop and got all legal tecnical stuff on them and has been given the head manger of Australia to call tommorow, so first we are going to she what she can get done by telling them all the legal tecnicalitys

if not ill send it in for a fix job

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
sister got onto the owner of the shop, ended up explaining to him the issue and he told her to meet at the shop

got a new xbox, extended warrenty, game, memory card, keychain things, pussy cat dolls cd and dvd,

he was really sorry about it and did it as a good jesture.

so all is good bar sister packed my HD av cables the box and it didnt come with the HD ones so mums grabing the tommorow:D

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
LOL Thats awesome. mines about 2 years old. Every now and then it'll 1 red light, but i just turn it off an on and its like normal.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Yeah the red light can mean a number of things. I think commonly its just its overheated a bit and needs a cooldown. I just had to send mine off to get the dvd drive replaced, was in warrenty by 4 days or something.

If mine breaks (non 3 red rings) im either gonna just buy a new one (costs an extra 150 to get a brand new one) or im gonna wrap it up in a towel and make it rrod then get it fixed under 3 year warrenty.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Just thought i'd bump this up, xbox have now extended the warranty for E74 errors to 3 years.

Meaning my white oversized paper weight is now getting repaired under warranty, so now i have a 360 for the bedroom aswell:yeah: