Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xenon Bulbs

jazza21

Executive (Ex-Police)
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VS II Exec 1997
I was just wondering has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Xenon bulbs? This includes bulb failures and cops taking a dislike to them being on your car...

I have had a full set on my VS now for only about 6 months and now the drivers side one has blown. Not happy considering how much they are!

There are a few brands out there. I have TRIFA brand in at the moment (made in Germany) but I've seen Narva and Philips derivitives as well.

I'm headng out to buy a new set but before I do I was hoping to see what you guys thought.

Jazza

PS. Can everyone please kick the next idiot they see that hasn't adjusted their cheap Xenons when they're fitted? I just hate seeing cars driving around with one light pointing to the sky and the other looking into the gutter. :mad:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'll gladly kick anyone with their headlights incorrectly adjusted. I think mainroads should have a day where they offer 5% savings on rego if everybody comes in and aligns their headlights, its dangerous and annoying.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I hate people with wobbly headlights. There was a car behind me on the highway a few weeks ago with a headlight that was all over the place, then when it passed me I saw it was a fully marked cop car...

As for the lights, I buy the ones that arent blue and arent normal creamy colour, so they turn out very white. A good brand Ive seen are Nightvision, theyre an Aussie company and the bulbs are cheap, but they arent dodgy (theyre correctly focussed too). The only probs I had was when one of the bulbs had a detached filament, it worked, but would turn itself on and off.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
i havent had any b ad experiences yet, and i went from stock to clear white to bright white/blue/red in some respects and so far no probs

cops dont like it. they pulled my uncle over for them. idiots didn't realise they were standard in the new murano, and soon the new commies im guessing.

might attract a bit of cop attention but i haven't had one yet

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
So youre the one that keeps reviving all these old threads.... damn you.

J

jayderichards

I've put the Xenon bulbs into my car for my low beams. I've noticed that the cops around here usually have a go at the guys who have xenon's on their high beams. I've never been picked up on them and neither has my other half while driving my car.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
This is a bl**dy old thread.

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
lol must be bored like talking bout **** thats already been talked about

vs ed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3V8ute
Globes or conversion

Are you guys talking about the full xenon conversion or the imitation globes only?
Most auto stores only sell the globes which claim to be xenon for around $20.
With the conversion you have to fit globes and ballasts that come with the kit. These kits are around $160 on ebay. Xenon appear to be lesser wattage than std globes but brighter.
I could be wrong. I have aftermarket globes that are slightly brighter than standard but nowhere near as bright as the ridgey didge xenon. I would like to hear from somebody who has done the proper conversion.:whistling