Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xenon Headlight Bulbs

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
Yeah I had some on my old Magna...too right they make a difference, your headlights go from yellow creme to bright bluey white. If you can afford them, grab some.

If you head down to super cheap you can pick up cheap ones for about $20/pair for low beams and $25/pair for high beams, and theres nothing wrong with them. Dont pay $60/pair.

And Im not sure about the VS lights, just rip out your current set and have a look.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
It doesnt matter. You would do it for the same reason as putting them in the low beams. If you want clear white light, yes. If you dont care, it's up to you.

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
l put ones in my vs, they have a green tinge instead of the usual blue. They're brighter plus they stand out being greenish. Not bad for roughly $20 bucks!

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
Green?!?! What are those ones?
I know there's super whites and xenon blue but....?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I've got blue, I don't think they make anything brighter in my opinion. They just make things clearer, and anything with white in it stands out heaps clearer.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
sounds like i need a set of these lights...on a real dark night like darker than normal my lights seem to be doing nothing (like when the road is wet) .... how do you install them exactly ?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
well mine - white, don't really help me in the rain either way. if we're just talking about blue tint bulbs you install them the same way you change a normal bulb.

i thought the actual conversion to the halogen or whatever the hell the new cars have cost a fair bit more then just bulb cost.