Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XENON lights

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
I recently put in 5000K xenon in my car and accidently touched the globe! ****ing dropped it and caught it with my prints probably all over them. iv been told they can be washed off just with abit of metho - would that be ok?

~KP

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
If these bulbs are what im thinking and that they are filled with gas,be very careful not to break them and not to get any of the gass on your because it will burn your skin burn through your clothes.I heards this from some fire fighters who have seen what the gas in these globes can do (im reffering to car accidents where these fire fighters have witnessed burns).

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
If these bulbs are what im thinking and that they are filled with gas,be very careful not to break them and not to get any of the gass on your because it will burn your skin burn through your clothes.I heards this from some fire fighters who have seen what the gas in these globes can do (im reffering to car accidents where these fire fighters have witnessed burns).

You're thinking of HID lights. They use gas instead of a filament for a much higher intensity (because anything above 5000K with a filament is a worse intensity than your average 3500K halogen you would find standard on most cars).

The globe I have is a 5000K Xenon, it still has a filament. =]

KRUPTD

VN BT1 5L
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Crewman,XE Falcon,HJ V8 panel van,HZ tonner
Sorry dude,well that must be what im reffering(HID lights) too thanks.