Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Xforce "2.5" catback install

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
Hsv cats are bigger than ve ss cats, ss cats bigger than v6 cats... Your gonna have to buy extractors and cats... am I wrong. I dunno, just an idea

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
LOL hope not haha. Nah they will need to mod/change the flanges. I guess because it was a Ss exforce and im putting it on a 6. But for $160 2 week old I wasn't passing that up.

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
ss territory is 270+ m8. It's not worth it. Sell the v6 n get v8 add 2 stainless steel mufflers and you've got a roaring v8 with enough power. If you want the super car sound then get xforce "2.5" . Or if you want 3 inch, be prepared for major drone
:

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
It was a good buy. You could have waited for me to install my xforce 2.5 inch's and I would have left the old exhaust system on my front lawn lols

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Well i was looking for a stock system but they were all down ur way. so no1 was offering postage lol. than this poped up so though yeah haha. Was only replacing as I needed a new muffler. I didn't account for the V8 - V6 factor. thought they were all same bolt on lol. But I guess in the long run im still saving some $$ as a new one on ebay are $600

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
ss territory is 270+ m8. It's not worth it. Sell the v6 n get v8 add 2 stainless steel mufflers and you've got a roaring v8 with enough power. If you want the super car sound then get xforce "2.5" . Or if you want 3 inch, be prepared for major drone
:

Mate you're trying to stir up another V6 vs V8 thing. A stock SS has 270kw at the fly wheel which is roughly 220-230rwkw.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Modded and tuned my SS only made 258 kw at the wheels.. The advertised killerwasps for these cars are very deceptive.. I understand flywheel v. rear wheel argument.. But these things don't punch very high power readings at all stock.

SSVRED77

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE SS V 2007
that's why I'm getting the xforce "2.5" catback with mace tune :) I'm not trying to stir anything up, facts are facts m8. Everyone prefers a v8, If I'm wrong why is it all the 6's are lookin at v8' driving past and not the other way around. Don't try to justify a purchase based on how much expenditure a person has.When I had a v6 all I wanted was a v8 so I eventually bought one and have never looked back. Thank's to "Salue da Ute" for bringing up mace tune. Regards

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Haha.. Love it..

But you're very right..

Plus Holden's shitty 6 has nothing on the Ford Barra. And probably never will..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
NVE-069, the system will bolt straight up. There are two ring type gaskets on the rear of the cats, take them off and the flange on the system will bolt straight to it.