Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XTRONS Dvd HU's?

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey all,

Im seriously considering purchasing one of these single din dvd HU's, they only 250$ around and seem to have all the features i could ever want and so much cheaper then any other brand.
7? T-Screen Bluetooth Car DVD player - D709 - Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD, XTRONS Car DVD Player

20101216141232409.jpg

Has anybody had any experience with these they say they have a two year warranty and look pretty decent. Are the fans really loud and screens laggy or something cus i dont see why so cheap.

Also would it fit into my VT easily for a noob with no experience? this is the picture of behind to see cabling..
20101216141232409.jpg

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anybody had experience with these?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
There are thousands of thread regarding the cheap china branded HU's. Just know that you get what you pay for. I had an eonon brand one and worked fine for a year but then the screen stopped working. The touch sensors in it still worked so i could still press buttons cause i remembered where some were, but it was just a blank screen. Also the resolution of the screen won't be very good. Good enough for just basic viewing but deffs nothing fancy. The UI on these cheap units is often pretty ugly too. However, for the price, if you're willing to replace it in a year or 2, go for it. Mine was great for my little lancer until the screen died.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thought that may be the case, this just seemed to strike me as looking better than the Eonons and the UI is actually quite nice :)

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
look through ebay and find the ones that have the higher resolution there are some that have 800x600 resolution where as most of them are only 460x 300 or something like that.
I have also been thinking about getting one, there are some that are high definition and are only around $100 more.

Just search through them and compare the specifications, then pick the one that you like the most with features.

Beats the **** outta paying over a grand for a name brand one only to have it be last years model within 12 months or less.

I have had a couple a head units from china and the only thing i have found with them is they aren't as powerful as a name brand, thats easy fixed just get an amp.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm yer mate seems like your onto it there about the money and they have a 2 year warranty these things aswell! And true can just get an amp to crank my volume :p