Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

XU6 memcal

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
explain the problem your having a bit more.

are you running standard pulley? any other mods on car? have you got a boost gauge?

if you open your bonnet, on the passengers side of the blower, towards the back, there is a black actuator thing. when you give the engine a rev, the arm that comes from the actuator should move down all the way, until it touches on the stop at the bottom
this actuator is the boost bypass, which when open, lets compressed air back into before the blower. it is vacuum controlled, but also has a computer connection to it, which will not let it boost it it is in reverse, or overheating..

see attached pic, the actuator is in the top left of pic.

Attachments

• CIMG2382.JPG
    CIMG2382.JPG
    287.9 KB · Views: 1,462

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
gday mate.

i have upgraded pulley to 87mm, as far as i know the actuator is working. i have installed a boost gauge, which tells me i can't get past 7-8psi at the best of times....takes a full blooded throttle to get there.

Not sure whats going on here....all i know is that it does come onto boost but doesn't open all the way up to 10psi, like it should.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
i'm having problems at the moment aswell, since i changed to a different ecu.
my old boost gauge was saying 3psi, but then it broke, so just put it down to that.

bought a vacuum/boost tester today, and its telling me 3psi, and about 4psi if i hold down the actuator.

so for some reason i'm loosing around 2-3psi. gunna check it out tomorrow, thinking it make be the boost control solenoid, because there is no connection to it anymore from the computer.

i'll check it out and let you know what i find.

airforceone

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx calais superc6
that xu6 memcals a bucket of sht, ive got one in an l67 and dosnt do much more then a bit of a different gear change and a little sharper,has nothing to do with boost ,thats all in your pulley size and the condition of your m90

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
i fixed mine.

check out this thread on l67torque.
www.l67torque.com • Login

basically the top hose to the actuator perishes, and the boost solenoid is common to leak boost past it, which it turn limits the travel of the actuator (as per normal operation).

i replaced the top hose, and disconnected the bottom hose, blocked off the now unused connection on the boost tree, and its good as new, boostin' at 6psi.

that xu6 memcals a bucket of sht, ive got one in an l67 and dosnt do much more then a bit of a different gear change and a little sharper,has nothing to do with boost ,thats all in your pulley size and the condition of your m90

haha best thing for gear changes in an l67 is manual gearbox...

emmtee83

Reaction score
Members Ride
'84 VH SLE
i fixed mine.

check out this thread on l67torque.
www.l67torque.com • Login

basically the top hose to the actuator perishes, and the boost solenoid is common to leak boost past it, which it turn limits the travel of the actuator (as per normal operation).

i replaced the top hose, and disconnected the bottom hose, blocked off the now unused connection on the boost tree, and its good as new, boostin' at 6psi.

haha best thing for gear changes in an l67 is manual gearbox...

Thanks bud. will check it out tomorrow.