Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yeh yeh another exhaust thread

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
hmmmmmm i see, yeh ive heard good reports about the manta system i just don t think i can justify spending 500 bucks simply for a note, one day mabey?

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
have you got nothing better to do than ridicule this thread?

obviously its going to cost me either way, but when i simply want a slighlty better note out of the tail pipe i would rather pay $60 rather than $500 that may, depending on personal opinion, sound just as good,

so in saying this, if you dont have anything constructive to say than bugger off yeh?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I totally understand impulsives cynicism, we get it all the time. Someone comes on and says that they have done blah blah to the exhaust on a VZ and it only cost X amount, then they have had to spend a bit more, then a bit more, then a bit more again to try and get it to sound any good. Only to finally admit defeat and buy a decent system and spending a couple of hundred more than if they just bought the system to start with.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
I totally understand impulsives cynicism, we get it all the time. Someone comes on and says that they have done blah blah to the exhaust on a VZ and it only cost X amount, then they have had to spend a bit more, then a bit more, then a bit more again to try and get it to sound any good. Only to finally admit defeat and buy a decent system and spending a couple of hundred more than if they just bought the system to start with.

I did that. Spent 200 more than I needed to in the first palace.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
I almost did the same thing, take rear resi off and make it straight. But after I got my full exhaust done I realise how bad the stock pipe and muffler make it sound.

If your not going to spend $500 on your catback, don't get an exhaust at all, it will sound worse than stock.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
im forever, like abba, resonding to exhaust threads on here, but only when people come on and ask founded decent questions.

$350 should get you an exhaust of some sort, i did for $360, and it sounded good, but that was quite a few years ago and things have changed. The theory as i see it is exhausts are a matter of opinion, if you like it then its a good exhaust, if you like it and no one else does, its still a good exhaust, if you dont like it, change it..

no good jumping on here asking an exhaust question without really explaing what your after.. twin, single, loud, quiet etc etc

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Throw an SS exhaust on it. Isn't loud but sounds great in the drivers seat. Cheap too :)

trenooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz v8 wanna be
i understand where people are coming from, however my budget simply doesent allow me to throw that sort of cash at such a thing, intrested in the ss exhaust though, will any ss if? suppose the wreckers would be full of them? but in all honesty i will probley still go with the rear stright through sports ressie as there is yet to be someone on here saying

'nuh dont do that, i did that and it sounded **** house'

so i guess ill be the pioneer and tell you how it goes

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
i understand where people are coming from, however my budget simply doesent allow me to throw that sort of cash at such a thing, intrested in the ss exhaust though, will any ss if? suppose the wreckers would be full of them? but in all honesty i will probley still go with the rear stright through sports ressie as there is yet to be someone on here saying

'nuh dont do that, i did that and it sounded **** house'

so i guess ill be the pioneer and tell you how it goes

No it won't, all it will do is make it a bit quieter, but it will still drone.

I may not have put it the same way, but essentially it is exactly what I said.

If you don't like the note now, a straight through sports muffler on the rear will only make it a bit quieter, not change the note.