Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yella terra 1.95 yt6662

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Hey there.

I've found a set of second hand barely used rockers. They are Yella terra 1.95 ratio part number yt6662. For my vs l67 Now are these rockers ultra high ratio ? And do they create valve float ? Is there anything I should be aware as in valve springs ? Need advice as soon as possible

Last edited:

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Okay I was hoping not to change springs, retainers and seals aha. As adds to cost. Is changing the valve springs highly recommended or can go without. And I've heard the Yella terra rocker bolts are re usable not like the mace one which are torque to yield ones ?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Okay I was hoping not to change springs, retainers and seals aha. As adds to cost. Is changing the valve springs highly recommended or can go without. And I've heard the Yella terra rocker bolts are re usable not like the mace one which are torque to yield ones ?

seen plenty of broken springs and seen plenty of dyno runs where valve float was a problem. At your own risk, upto you.

Pretty sure Mace use reusable bolts, only TTY bolts ive seen are factory.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
I guess it's a at your own risk thing. Obviously I'd love to get the whole lot done properly but it's a cost thing aswell. I might have to go the mace 1.9 rockers cause they claim there's to be harmonically balanced to stock specs which wouldn't need to change springs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I thought YT recommended new springs with there 1.95RR's?

The thing is, your valve springs aren't spring chickens any more. If you don't intend to rev your engine a lot then springs aren't a must but if you like to do some spirited driving then springs are something to consider and if you enjoy watching the tacho needle sitting by the red numbers than I would recommend some new springs indeed.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
I'd love to do the whole lot absolutely springs retainers everything in that area to accomodate the rockers but costs go up and up. I've got a few mods that I'm slowly saving for. Any who so would the mace 1.9 rollers deffinantly need springs ? Or are the springs a must for any rollers

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The mace rockers aren't true rollers, they're stock rockers that have been welded up and remachined, essentially. The push rod locating dimple is closer to the middle of the rocker to give higher lift. Still doesn't have a roller tip like the yella terra ones.

I'd start with the stock springs and then buy some hd springs later if I thought they were necessary.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
If I was to change the springs would it affect anything else as in put tension on anything ? I might go the mace rollers in the sense of not having to change springs. And there pretty cheap from the US. Later down the track if I've still got the rig I'll go the Yella terra rockers along with springs