Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yellaterra charger

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
hey guys im keen on installing a yellaterra charger onto my vy s ute.. i just wanna know if any knows watsort of power and boost i'd be lookin at with it bein intercooled and keepin the engine stock for now, only mods would be cai and extractors... then i guess i'd get it stroked one day and try to release its full potential butr for now stock.. so any feedback would be great cheers

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
I'd be reluctant to run boost on internally stock car. If you are interested you are best emailing them their website is still down.

smaddock

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive S2
Yella terra are running over 10psi on a standard ecotec bottom end. With the terra charger kit you get thicker head gaskets which drop the comp ratio to around 8:1 so that makes it quite a bit safer. The only thing thats bad for the ecotec bottom end is detonation. A good tune can fix that.

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
cheers i didnt know that came in the kit.. ive spoken to a few shops and i think i'll go with the yellaterra charger.. yeh ive been tryign to get onto there website for a while its been downfor quitesome time.. but if any1 else has any ideas on supercharging my car feel free to throw them at me.. afterall the money is spent i want the best setup i pay for.......

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Twin Turbo, VN Turbo, VY Storm
the new SC mag has the YT VY ute in it if you want more info

drspeed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Super 6
have a chat with the bos at YT who can give you all the do's/donts off the top of there head!

with those mods, i'd reckon u'd be around 170-180 rwkw's.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Tappethead has the terra charger fitted to a standard L36 bottom end with the tower of terror intercooler in a VT he is making 205rwkw.