Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yes, yet another HID related question.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Im trying to find suitable replacements. I was defected recently for the HIDs in my VS. Im not here to whinge about that, i knew they were illegal to have installed in this model from the get go. After this defect i went to put standard globes in, the visibility was terrible! It got to the point were i was now driving with highbeams more i have ever in my life. What H4 globes will get me as close to the color, brightness and distance of a HID. The HIDs that were installed were only the lowest frequency you could buy (so it was white, not blue) and only 35watt.

Any help would be great due to i would like to have the viability i once had with HIDs but without the fear of being defected. The headlights are correctly aligned as well and will be adjusted again when new globes are fitted.

Thank you in advance.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Best value for money by far are Philips Extreme Vision 100+

Part number at any good auto store: 12342XVSM for a twin pack with free park globes.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Either that, or just get self-levelling suspension, auto-levelling headlight assemblies and high-pressure lens washer jets, and then have the HIDs engineered legally.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Thanks for the reply Morton, Highly doubt auto stores are open tomorrow so ill make the trip on wednesday.

I think it might be cheaper to get those globes, if their far better then stock and slightly worse the HIDs, then i can justify that cost rather then all the work needed to make them legal.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Try Thursday.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
VS, Crystal Altezza lights, 10,000k HID high beam and Phillips +100 Extreme H4.

I recommend the Phillips in high beam too, I just hadn't done it yet in this pic. All of the lights now have legal Phillips +100 Extreme globes, with those modern lenses, and they are the best lights I have ever had in a car. I replaced HID with these, it was a big improvement not a downgrade.

attachment.php

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks mate, Ill have to add the headlights to the list of stuff to buy. Have a diff tramp problem thats driving me nuts to fix first. If only had discovered these before the $110 defect. Live and learn.

The globes you can pick up a lot cheaper (~$40 ebay or $70ish at auto stores for a pair) and will make a big difference, but honestly, the biggest difference comes from the headlights (about $240 pair with matching indicators).

If you get those first, you will be amazed at the difference. The more modern reflector style lights are much better than the old lights. Then add the Phillips globes and you have the best you can have on a VS.