Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet another clutch thread....

1van

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Hi guys,

So, my stock clutch has survived 100,000km but the time has come to change it out. The main reason being is because the clutch engagement point is at the very top of the clutch pedal throw. Also when dropping it from 6th to 4th on the highway it does nothing but rev until i back off the gas pedal and I can feel the car accelerate again once the revs drop, then the mystical smell of clutch fills the air. But it has no issues when i give it some off the lights.. ANYWAY

I have been doing some reading on the interwebs and have heard good things about that McLeod RXT. The thing is that my VZ SS ute is as stock as a rock! Absolutely nothing done to it performance wise and I have no future plans to upgrade/mod the car.

Is this clutch overkill for the car? I don't drag/street race it. I give it some here and there but thats about it.

Would i be better off maybe buying a cheaper clutch and purchasing a RIP shifter (or equivalent) with the price difference?

The things that are appealing to me about that McLeod RXT is the stock clutch feel, no shuttering and that its not temperamental.

Also have been reading mixed things about the stock flywheels. Are they single or dual mass in the VZ SS?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for any advice in advanced!