Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Yet Another VY Foglight Problem

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I don't think they are genuine. As I said earlier, the lights are the same, regardless of whether they are fitted to a Calais, Berlina or SS and my Berlina lights lenses dont have SS on them. They have some form of identification moulded into the very bottom of the lens, just inside the bezel.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
genuine method for fog lights to activate are, when lights are switched to parkers/normal you can pull the light switch outwards and fogs turn on, together with the fog light symbol on the dash.

a few members have installed the genuine method, basicly purchase the genuine switch and relay the fog lights.

having them turn on with high beams is absolutely useless thou, serves no purpose to aid in "fog" conditions :)

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
they are not fake mate, but as far as i know the SS insignia on the headlights was released on the VX SS. and also, the S pack didnt come out stock with foglights, but had to be optioned. instead, it had bezels in it's place. so my guess is the previous owner had them fitted (or did it himself)
CC

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Righto, i still havent gotten this one sorted. LOL

I just worked out i have a switch located in the drivers footwell.
It is on the left kick panel.

I have diagnosed that this is the switch which will enable/disable the foglights as i have tested it with the high beams.

My question is:

How do i remove this wire from the high beam and move it onto the parkers?

How do i actually get to the high beam switch?

Cheers

Last edited:

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Righto, i still havent gotten this one sorted. LOL

I just worked out i have a switch located in the drivers footwell.
It is on the left kick panel.

I have diagnosed that this is the switch which will enable/disable the foglights as i have tested it with the high beams.

My question is:

How do i remove this wire from the high beam and move it onto the parkers?

How do i actually get to the high beam switch?

Cheers

Anyone know how to swap these over?

dan-wess

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY S Pac Series II
I have a VY S series 2 as well. You have genuine lights.

They only came out with the SS bar but no lights as standard.

Just jack up the front. Follow the wires from the foglights back as far as you can.
Cut them off and tape the ends off, make safe.
Splice them in to your parking light wires. Just feed them through the engine bay and secure as you go. Work out your park lights with a test light.

Or take it to an auto electrician.

Howks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S-Pack
Ok i installed foggies to my S-pack a few weeks back. And i dont know ****all about cars... (thats how easy it was).

Not sure what some people are tripping on...YES they are genuine fog lights.

All you need it to buy a switch $30-$40 and a relay... AND THATS IT!! (get from Holden).

Just pop the switch out with a screwdriver (this can be a lil' tough, just try to find the metal clip on the side and push with screwdriver). Plug the new one in. Then put the relay in the right spot (cant remember exactly where but just read your manual).

And it's done.

I thought they would be hard to install and i'd need help in the end as i have no clue when it comes to working on cars but it was a piece of ****!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You still need to power the lights from the parkers.

Look at the back of the headlights to see if there is a non genuine looking wire coming off the loom. That would probably be the wire that needs to be moved to the park light feed wire. Do you have a test light? Test it to see if it powers up when hi beam is switched on.

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
Righto, have managed to find the wire which turns the foglights on (connected to hi beam)

I took this off and attatched it to the park light wire, the problem now is that when the foglights come on, they are high beam! even when i just have the headlights on normal....

Anyone know if it is just as simple as changing the globe?