Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yokohama or bridgestone

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I made an assumption that there were standard 15 x 6 in since this is a comm forum and that is the standard rim size and the enquiry was on the yoko aa01
and re92.

Both offer 205/65/15, though both do offer a 16in variant which would be a lower overall diameter, thought it would be unlikely we were talking about those.

According to the original post they are 205/65R15's.

Reaper

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
They are not dangerous however they were very cheap for Holden etc to buy OEM and thus were fitted as origional equipment to hundreds of thousands or Commodores new.

High performance tyre? Probably not. Dangerous? No more than any other tyre. Fortunatly most drivers never get close enough to the limit to find out.

Reaper

I had a set on my old VT wagon and had them slip badly in the wet going around a large roundabout even though i was only doing 30kmh rather than the posted 70kmh for the area so i wasnt even pushing them.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Driving with RE92's in the wet are a death wish! Aquaplane like you wouldn't believe and slippery. Yoko's I know nothing about. Most people here know I'll vote Kumho's everytime. KU19 (17") on my VS and smaller KH15 (14") on my wife's Laser. I had the Kumho KH15 (205/65/15) on my first VS and were the perfect tyre. High silica compound, deep tread, super quiet and gripped like **** on velcro around corners in the wet. At the time they cost me only $95 per corner fitted and balanced.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

PRH

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp s utility,and a KENWORTH
Ive just put a set of Bridgestone 225/50 16 ER300's on my Magna cost me $700 fitted and balanced,and i love em could'nt recommend them highly enough.
Regards Phillip :wax: