Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

yokohama tyres

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i dont understand why ppl are bagging the Yokies. everyone i have spoken to reckons they are one of the best...well for low profile tyre 17" and above anyway.....

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
satos said:
I am looking to fit a set of yokohama 205/65r15 94v s221 tyres to my vt.Does anyone here know much about them such as quality and price.I have searched the net but cannot find any info on them.

I have the Yoko 205/65r15 94v s221 fitted to mine. I bought them for $97 each (inclusive of fitting and balancing).

As for what people are saying about shitty traction in the wet... no such problem here. The only time that happend was when my left foot 'accidentally' held down the brake while the right foot slid off to the accelerator!!! That is the only time i lost traction at the back.

If driven in a serious and responsible manner you will have no problems. As for my driving style... i am a little both ways... immature and responsible... depends on what day of the week it is! lol

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
well i had the s221s' on my car, they were the best thing i had on it, mind u i only had 3 different tyres on it so i hadnt tryed too many, they go for $105 or there or there abouts

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
myberlina said:
I have the Yoko 205/65r15 94v s221 fitted to mine. I bought them for $97 each (inclusive of fitting and balancing).

As for what people are saying about shitty traction in the wet... no such problem here. The only time that happend was when my left foot 'accidentally' held down the brake while the right foot slid off to the accelerator!!! That is the only time i lost traction at the back.

If driven in a serious and responsible manner you will have no problems. As for my driving style... i am a little both ways... immature and responsible... depends on what day of the week it is! lol

That might suit low powered applications in the DRY, but with any power they are useless, in the wet you require so much more control with them.

Stick with dunlop, you get what you pay for with those tyres.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
@ukgts, the only thing i can say bad about the AVS's from my experience is their tooo noisy for my liking as a everyday tyre. althoe for $350ea if their as bad as what your saying in the wet i'ld be rather peeed off!

i guess each person has their own expectaions and such.

ukgts

A Kiwi in Scotland
Reaction score
Members Ride
UK Spec VT1 GTS 220i
Don't get me wrong, the AVS is great in the dry but just a hint of moisture and they let go. Even with the traction control on. Maybe I expected more for my money. Tyres here are ridiculously expensive for anything decent. The roads are shocking, and it's wet more often than not so will maybe opt for something with a harder compound next time and see how it goes. I had Toyo Proxes T1S on my last car and they were great. Might try the new T1R.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
found a decent set of 205/65r/15 4 ya hankook optima $115 a tyre n heard some great remarks about them from customers and dealers real good wet and dry might b worth havin a look

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ukgts said:
Don't get me wrong, the AVS is great in the dry but just a hint of moisture and they let go. Even with the traction control on. Maybe I expected more for my money. Tyres here are ridiculously expensive for anything decent. The roads are shocking, and it's wet more often than not so will maybe opt for something with a harder compound next time and see how it goes. I had Toyo Proxes T1S on my last car and they were great. Might try the new T1R.

have you tried dunlop SP Maxx or 3000A? Trust me, these babies love having it given to them :D

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
minux said:
have you tried dunlop SP Maxx or 3000A? Trust me, these babies love having it given to them :D
Got a set of these today, (300A) on special for $186 each for 235/45R17's Have'nt really had a chance to try them out properly yet. It was raining on the way home and they held on well.

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
When im driving it isn't the tyres that are hanging on to the road... its the passengers.