Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

You get what you pay for - good detailing products

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Bootlid..
Nice pics!

Careful that you don’t get any reflections of the photographer in your pictures, the car is beautifully shiny and we don’t want a repeat of the ‘kettle for sale’ urban legend.

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
1 yr old paint..
Daily driver...parked outside half of the time..

Duragloss shampoo
Tar and bug remover
Mint clay bar lube
Dodo juice clay bar
Dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax

The paint is like glass...

Took 1/2 day to do it...
Ron looks fantastic where do you buy duragloss products from

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
We have very similar tastes.

Some of my favourite detailing products include:

Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate
Mint Lube
Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax (I've not tried the hybrid)
Menzerna Polish (I love this stuff)

Yeah
Menzerna is top stuff. It works so well with little effort.

Duragloss wheel cleaner is amazing too. I buy 3.8l container and it lasts the whole year for washing two cars monthly

Last edited:

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I use Bowdens products and very impressed with the results. Does anyone else use their products and what are your opinion of them.

http://www.bowdensown.com.au/

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I use Bowdens products and very impressed with the results. Does anyone else use their products and what are your opinion of them.

I hear of them but have not used it.
Everything i tried by Duragloss and Dodo Juice achieved great results. Duragloss is a bit more affordable....but in sayin that my 200gm container of Dodo Joice wax is still half full after doing 4 full wax jobs.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also forgot to post that your car looks great

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also forgot to post that your car looks great

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

I use some Bowden’s Own products.

I like the natural finish their Tyre Sheen gives but I find it messy to apply and my hands need a good scrub afterwards. When I finish the bottle I have a bottle of Gyeon Q2 Deep Matt Black Tyre Cleaner to try and if I’m not happy with it I think I’ll go back to wiping the tyres down with 303 Products Aerospace Protectant as it leaves a nice natural finish and is easier to clean from my hands than the Bowden’s.

I also like Bowden’s Own Metal Polish for polishing exhaust tips, chrome and polished alloy as long as it’s already in reasonable nix otherwise I use a paste like Mother’s Mag & Aluminium Polish or Autosol Metal Polish and if it’s a real problem job than a bar of polishing compound with a polishing wheel.

I use Bowden’s Own Clean Detail which I think is good for spot cleaning to quickly remove stuff like bird dropping so the paintwork doesn’t become permanently marked and I keep a bottle of it in all my cars along with a microfiber cloth in case they need an emergency wipe over while I'm out.

I used to use Bowden’s Own Boss Gloss Detailing Spray which I think is a good detailer but have recently been won over by 303 Products Speed Detailer which I think just has the edge over it but in saying that I’ve used a few good detailer over the years and there is not much between them. What I like about the 303 Speed Detailer is the way it easily buffs off to leave a great shine, I think it buffs easier than the others I’ve tried.