Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your Dream Ride

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
1969 Dodge Coronet R/T or a 1970 Plymouth Barroacuda 440

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
XY GTH0 Phase lll *drools*

I read a couple of years ago when holden and ford where going head to head in the XY GTO days that Holden and Ford both released these insane top of the line cars. They were capable of some friggin awesome speeds and the govt at the time freaked out and forced the cancellation of production. But there are a few in existence I can't remember if it was the series 3 or not.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I read a couple of years ago when holden and ford where going head to head in the XY GTO days that Holden and Ford both released these insane top of the line cars. They were capable of some friggin awesome speeds and the govt at the time freaked out and forced the cancellation of production. But there are a few in existence I can't remember if it was the series 3 or not.
Was the Ford XA GTHO Phase IV Falcon, the Holden LJ XU-2 Torana and the Valiant VJ Charger R/T V8.

Mr_Slim

Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Manual
Ferrari Testorossa: definately the red with the tan interior! Need For Speed 1 has me hooked! I don't care about Enzo or Scagialetti or any of those new ones. Just the Testorossa, or possibly the 550 Maranello (Need for Speed 3 lol)

a point to be made is that the VT Clubsport R8 with the 5.7L (1997) was the quickest sedan in the world at the time, but until that care the Ford GTHO Phase III was, and that was something like 20yrs earlier.

I'm pretty sure the standards of safety in the cars 20 (or now 30) years ago were slightly less than what the Clubby would've offered. While the speeds the cars back then aren't that insane compared to today's standards, imagine those speeds and power figures, without the suspension, brakes, aerodynamics that we have today. Now that is insane!

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
a point to be made is that the VT Clubsport R8 with the 5.7L (1997) was the quickest sedan in the world at the time, but until that care the Ford GTHO Phase III was, and that was something like 20yrs earlier.

Wouldn't it have been the GTS? i thought the GTS (sedan) had more power than the clubby R8, or was it the same spec as the R8

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
I'd like 3 cars:
1) a mint xc cobra with a 351 clevo and 4 speed.
2)Aston martin vanquish s (cant get over the exhaust note *drools*)
3)VS GTS-R
all with rims,exhaust,etc.

Greenie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
HK monaro wit a blown + worked BIG BLOCK

Calais_5sp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais
one of those biaggi's that were on top gear last week. twin v8 quad turbo, 1000hp. 0 to 100 in 2.5 seconds. 1.6 million $$ worth.