Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your Opinion

arty

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Commodore Owners,

I'm looking to buy either a VX or VY wagon. I would like to know what should I look for when purchasing one. What I mean is faults or knocks that stand out in these models.

I previously owned a VN so I know a bit about them.

Thanks in advance

Arty

ilovemyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
i own a vx myself and my dad owns a vy. havent had a problem with either car in the year we have had them and we do alot of driving. we both agree that the vx is more responsive in terms of speed and i personally like the look a bit better but i prefer the vy interior over the vx, anything in particular u would like to know?

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Watch out for the fuel gauge in the VX, they don't report properly alot of the time. Rear wheel camber issues in the VX series 1. That's it from off the top of my head.. anyone else?

RUS-14N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Wagon Executive V6
check all the bushes, for noise on the suspention, and engine mounts cus there's lots of bushes and they're a pain to replce. Also common problem is warped discs, just go over 80 and brake, if car vibrates...need machining.

Hydraulic ballancer...check that as well..

Really, quite reliable, just little bit n pieces around the engine is what u got to watch out for

arty

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for your help....

Regards,

Arty