Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your stereo history...

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
Yeah 2006 model and yes dual 4 ohm. But the answer is no, I only got them like 6 months ago, and I love every second of them. Shop around, I happen to know that WOW Sight and Sound are selling 12" L7s for $299, at least they were the other day. I only paid $200 each for ex-demo models.

Yeah i got mine from WOW to but i paid $237 for brand new ones. What power are you running to them ?

If you ever want to sell them hit me up. :thumbsup:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah i got mine from WOW to but i paid $237 for brand new ones. What power are you running to them ?

If you ever want to sell them hit me up. :thumbsup:

Only 1400WRMS at the moment, in sealed enclosures (me and my ol' man made em, well mainly him), I'm going to get some ported one soon. Got to find a weekend that my fathers free.

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
hey im in brizze to, could i drop in one day and have a listen before i hook uo my L7's ?

cause i want to run 2 1500rms Option audio amps.

have you got any picutres ?

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
1979 Toyota Celica 2L and 5 speeds of glory
Kenwood entry level head-unit
Fusion FP-402 Amplifier
Fusion mid-range 6x9s in boxes in the boot (I didn't trust the weather seals on my windows enough to install door speakers)

1979 VB 4.2 4spd Commodore
Pioneer mid-range headunit
Fusion FP-504 4ch / Fusion FP-1002 2ch
Pioneer (white cone with compression horn) 6x9s (copping the 4 channel bridged, ooohh yeah) (also once again didn't trust the weather seals for front door speakers)
Blaupunkt velocity VRS12 sub, in 44Hz ported enclosure

1992 VP V6 Auto Commodore
Pioneer DEH-6050UB headunit
Fusion FP-504 4ch / Audison lrx1.2k monoblock
Focal CA1 6.5" Coaxials / Kenwood "DualMag" 6x9s
Digital Designs 2512a in 32Hz 2.5cuft enclosure
Optima Yellowtop / 2x4ga double ins. cable runs
Lots of Dynamat, and still lots of panel flex. :(

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
camstatic have you tried sickaflex for the boot lid ?

this stuff work's wonder's, i used 2 tubes inthe boot of my commodore and the rattles have stopped excpet for the parcel shelf.

But just squirt it between the gaps and let it dry 24hr's before you bump that stereo again. I know lot's of SPL competiors use this stuff. it's avilible at bunnings and is like $10 a tube.

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Cheers SPLcamry, but I think the Commy's flimsy panels are just beyond help here. :( The parcel shelf I managed to stop rattling with a lot of foam and other random things shoved underneath, still wants to go through the back window though.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Unfortunately my car is in the mechanics for at least another 2 weeks getting the engine rebuilt.

Woah your gonna be pumping some power into those L7s but like a lot of decent products they love it. Only thing about OA equipment is that one of the WOW Sight and Sound guys said they have a huge noise ratio, like 10% or something, but it probably wouldn't make a difference for bass.

Hmmm sickflex sound like some stuff I could use, will try it out when I get my car back.

I took some photos of the subs, one is still bare 18mm MDF, the other I had a crack at vinyling it, didn't come up so well but the next one I will do all the planning and measuring first. Can't see that vinyl edge when the subs are against one another.

Attachments

• SNC00025.jpg
    SNC00025.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 146
  • SNC00026.jpg
    SNC00026.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 118
  • SNC00029.jpg
    SNC00029.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 131
  • SNC00030.jpg
    SNC00030.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 152

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
i got 2 box plans for the kicker L7's if you ever need them.

you done a bloody good job on making both of those boxes. i really like the black vinyl box though.What size are the bozes?

Have you had your's running yet ? if so how do they sound ?

If i can find another 2 L7's i want to get another 2 1500rms OA amp, so that would mean 6000rms. But i hope it get's loud lol

yeah sickaflex will help you out alot.

i only got a picture of mine when i got them 2 day;s ago

Attachments

• Kicker 003.jpg
    Kicker 003.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 128

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Each box is 2 cubic foot, with 50% polyfill, 18mm ply, with wood glue and screws. My father did most of the work as his hobby is woodwork.

Yeah I've had them running for a few months, with only 1400wrms I have my nostrils vibrate (no joke) and the front windscreen slightly flex when playing tones, with back windscreen flexing quite nicely. Again these are only sealed, wait till I build the ported boxes, will go off. The sealed boxes sound really nice, tight and crisp while still loud, perfect for me.

I like your plan of 4 L7s but where the hell would you put them?? Wouldn't be any boot left when your finished.

And if your interested, the vinyl is easy as to do. Black vinyl from Spotlight and contact bond from Bunnings, black vinyl with black subs = awesome look.

SPLcamry

1000rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX
i only have plans for dual twin sub set up.

But i think i might go to seperate boxes as when i want to go some where i can disconect one box and take it out and i still have some boot space. My box size is going to be 3.7cuft Per twin sub box.

can you put up a tutorial of how to vinyl the box ?

cause i would really like to do it.