Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

your thoughts on price

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
g'day all i am going to sell my vs series 2 wagon, i was juat after your thoughts on price, i was thinking probably 8k or 7and a half k, the car is in exellent condition inside and out, its done 132,000 kms, it has 16 inch alloys, cd player, alarm, led tail light globes, cargo barrier tow bar, and acclaim extras such as criuse control, dual airbags and so on.

ive been on car sites and cars the same age with more k's are asking for 8 and 9 but id be happy 8, am i dreaming?

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I would think around 6 to 7k would pull it up, depending on condition, it does sound like it's in good condition so start it higher, you can always come down.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Depends on location also...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Well it is slightly lower kms, which is a bit of an advantage. She would have to be really tidy. redbook.com.au says your model car, in average condition and average kms sells privately for between $2900 -> $5100. Trade in is a depressing $1500 -> $2800. You can pick up a reasonable VT under $8k, although on carpoint.com.au there are still people trying to sell VS executives with over 230,000kms for $7500. If you arent desperate for the sale, go for $8k. Hopefully you can pull somewhere in the 7's. Good luck

ad45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT wagon S2
thanks mate

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Gotta look at it from the buyers perspective - buy from a dealer and you can trade in (sure you virtually give the trade away), you can get easy finance, you get a Govt guaranteed warranty, you get a guaranteed unencumbered car.
Privately you get none of these so what the car goes for in the yards is only a very rough guide. Subtract at least 30% for a private sale.
But this works both ways as the dealer must make a profit and you can buy the cars he sells before he adds his 40+%.....this is via the private market.
Price wise I'd go 7K...but make sure it is very very clean. ....and Good Luck.

Last edited: