Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

your thoughts on summernats security

vtgtsblownstroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTGTS
as title says i'm after your thoughts on the heavy handed tactics of summernats security,i was crusing around the cruise route & dune a couple of cherpies & the next thing i know 2 big tongan security guards stoped me & 1 of them threatened to smack my head in if i dune it again(i said are you serious man)then a VL calais turbo done a little smoke show no more than 2 metres & the 2 security guards that were having a go at me walked up to the VL driver & 1 of them full on smacked him in the face,& i herd of a few of these incedents has anyone else had this happen to them or got a similar story,cheers-vtgtsblownstroker.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
lol good on em, it worked didn't it.

probably just really die hard fans of the nats and are sick of seeing people stuff it up because they want to show their toughness by ripping a skid...

theres my thoughts.

would have loved to see the vl guy ripping his skid thinking he's top shiz then getting belted by a big islander...lol the image in my head is pure gold lol.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
having never been to sumernats i dont no what the rules are there but on all the street commo movies and summernats vids all i c is people dropping skids around the cruise ring. whats the go there? is it a new change?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'm in the same boat, when did they make it so you can't do burnouts everywhere?

Or is it something that has always been there - but only being enforced this year?

From other things I've read it's almost as though the crowd needs more security measures than anything.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
I'm in the same boat, when did they make it so you can't do burnouts everywhere?

Or is it something that has always been there - but only being enforced this year?

From other things I've read it's almost as though the crowd needs more security measures than anything.

they have a NO TOLERENCE policy on burnouts and skid on the cruise route purely for the saftey of spectators its in the entrants package thing and on the website... so what if he said he would smakc u it got u to stop lol at least its better then him ripping off your entrants sticker and telling u to go home :)

i mean the last thing u wanna see is a car fly off into 50 people killing a whole heap

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
as title says i'm after your thoughts on the heavy handed tactics of summernats security,i was crusing around the cruise route & dune a couple of cherpies & the next thing i know 2 big tongan security guards stoped me & 1 of them threatened to smack my head in if i dune it again(i said are you serious man)then a VL calais turbo done a little smoke show no more than 2 metres & the 2 security guards that were having a go at me walked up to the VL driver & 1 of them full on smacked him in the face,& i herd of a few of these incedents has anyone else had this happen to them or got a similar story,cheers-vtgtsblownstroker.

I rekcn if people r gunna be dune the rong thin then thay shuld get there head smacked in. So no serius incedents happen.

slappa.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I rekcn if people r gunna be dune the rong thin then thay shuld get there head smacked in. So no serius incedents happen.

i rekcn u nead 2 lurn huw 2 spel :thumbsup:

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Cunsidere it dune.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i rekcn u nead 2 lurn huw 2 spel :thumbsup:

LOL you're either funny or missed the point.
In all seriousness thought there needs to be proper and enforced security at events like that. They have tough security at small events so why not at events where there are a) lots of tools with an itchy right foot and b) lots of people who want to stand close to said tools doing a skid.

Not sure about this time around but there used to be signs and notes on the condition of entry that people are not to skid unless it's on the pan.