Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your thoughts on the Sonny Bill Williams saga?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I don't have much to add to this thread. I'll add some short points though.

Apparently Mundine drove him to the airport, if he's taking advice off Mundine you can probably see why things are going downhill.

They're now calling him Money Bill Williams or $BW.

It is pretty ordinary, he was built up to be a role model, not only did he make himself one but the NRL board was obviously building him up as one.

Loyalty? It's not with the younger generations. Look at Beaver for example, he's been with Manly for as long as I know, and is going to finish off his career with them. I'm sure he's had other oppurtunities to move elsewhere. Having said that though he's moving overseas aswell at the end of his contract.

And Gasnier... Who cares, the guy's an idiot that loves himself.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
And it does look worse now considering his attack of Willie mason's defection to roosters.
He made sure he lashed out at him;).
Bet Willie is dyeing to speak out now:p.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I honestly couldnt care if Gasnier goes or not, but its a sign that the NRL is going to be loosing more and more players and will be in for some tough times if they dont do something.

How long before the likes of Billy Slater is offered a contract in England.

The NRL need to look at the bigger picture, its not about Sonny BIll Williams, who cares if he goes, hes a overrated player who spends more time sitting on the bench because of injury then he does actually playing. The NRL need to look at why hes going, and aim to offer the same level of competition as there is overseas.

I agree slick, i bet Willie is dying to speak out, hes probally been told to shut his mouth though.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
If you sign a 5 year contract and the expect to just walk away without negotiating a way out, then expect to reap the consequences.

Maybe someone should come up with another football code, where they only have the best players and pay them heaps, possibly call it "super league"?? lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
If you sign a 5 year contract and the expect to just walk away without negotiating a way out, then expect to reap the consequences.

Maybe someone should come up with another football code, where they only have the best players and pay them heaps, possibly call it "super league"?? lol

Or maybe just stop playing throw ball because its bloody boring?

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
Or maybe just stop playing throw ball because its bloody boring?

Yeah, I've never understood why it's actually called football, when 95% of the game is throwing the ball?!

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Surely you are kidding? I would be mortified if I just ignored an agreement I made and ran away with no explaination. I understand things change but if he wanted out then surely the least that is expected would be to negotiate an exit to the contract. (I'd be suprised if there isn't one in there). I have no problem with anybody chasing a better deal for themselves but to do it as portrayed in post #1 is very poor form in my book.

Yep - and they pay out the balance of their contracts. Surely it should go both ways?

NFI - just heard it on the radio whilst driving into work. Damn it's cold this morning!

Reaper

Reaper, I wonder if an exclusive interview will eventuate or perhaps he'll may make more money selling a book.

Anyway, he certainly has made himself known.

Who is he again:whistling:D

It's bluddy cold here too:yeah:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I honestly couldnt care if Gasnier goes or not, but its a sign that the NRL is going to be loosing more and more players and will be in for some tough times if they dont do something.

How long before the likes of Billy Slater is offered a contract in England.

The NRL need to look at the bigger picture, its not about Sonny BIll Williams, who cares if he goes, hes a overrated player who spends more time sitting on the bench because of injury then he does actually playing. The NRL need to look at why hes going, and aim to offer the same level of competition as there is overseas.

I agree slick, i bet Willie is dying to speak out, hes probally been told to shut his mouth though.
Please not Billy SeeYouSlater:cry:..

Maybe they should give Willie a camera and mic:D.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
funny to read all the replies here about how wrong it is to walk out and yadda yadda - do you guys know sonny bill personally or something? or are you just going off what the media has said about it? you surely realise not all the details are there and the media will report whatever gets the best reaction - which is to say that he's turned his back on the 'dogs.
i think people need to know all the facts before they start baggin him out.
its perfectly legal to see what other options there are out there, and playing league in australia isnt where the big bucks are.
its typical of todays society to take the medias word as gospel - we should make use of our own common sence once in a while and realise this isnt the case and the media will report whatever the hell will sell the papers and get the viewers tuned in and listening.