Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
This thread sucks haha, I'm buying a brand new VF in 2 years when they come out and it just makes me not want to get them haha.

This being said, I know it's still one of the best selling cars.. Maybe sales are so high because they buy another one before the old one breaks XD

Livewire74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Lately, I've been finding that during driving, the car feels like it's pulling and accelerating constantly to maintain speed.

You can even watch the fuel use gauge to see it dipping and increasing ....not sure if this is a common problem or perhaps an accelerator issue or exhaust issue.

Has anyone else experienced this with their VE ?

It still drives but I'm confident it's using more fuel by behaving this way...

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I've had my VE for about 5000km now, problems:

Rear left inner door seal leak.
Stability Control issue.
Slight front end knock - gotta get under there and have a look.
Handbrake lever casing was busted - easily fixed and only cost $17.
Battery was on it's way out and spat up heaps of errors - but I don't count that - 5 years is good for a battery.

Awaiting stretched timing chain as she's a 2007 model.

dmp8810

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SV6
Is your VE a 07 SV6 or just omega? i have a front end knock too,but i beleive it is the front top strut bearings. got the stab control issue too.

av25

Reaction score
Members Ride
Volgren 2015 yellow bus for now
Auto transmission failed at 110000km

ZINGER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2006
Wiper filler hose cracked at the bend on mine too but went to holden and fix it myself ( sv6 2006 )

redhotss07

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS ute
redhotSS07

02 sensor-3 months old.
Paint rubbed off Bonnet Hinges on the plastic below them.
At 30,000km,an independant mechanic,told me front and rear engine oil seals were leaking,the sump has been tightened,all warranty covered apparently,3 times,still leaking at 70,000km.
Having drama's with gear box jumping outa 1'st since 50,000km.
Lose of power to center console,radio,windows,display screen,air-con,mirrors.
Heater hose clamp failed and leaked coolant.Replaced at my cost.
Knocking noise,front end,stopped and turning wheels,moving and turning wheels,moving and not turning wheels.
oh and windscreen washer bottle doesn't hold water.Very unhappy with it being my 1'st new car.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I got my headunit replaced last week screen was going white was replaced under warranty.
Glad I didn`t pay for it $960 retail.

Last edited:

davidvra

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh group c replica
Maybe wrong thread but need help with a problem and could not see anyone listing this one. 2008 Omega dual fuel, a few of the normal problems listed but generally ok. Had car accident, someone ran up back of me, not great damage bumper bar and beaver panel repairs. Smash repairer returned car with engine management light on, they checked with their scanner said it is TP sensor. Now I know the battery was a bit sluggish and believe they jumped started the car off the battery in boot. So my question is can the jump start cause the problem, or flat battery throw this code, or is it simply just bad timing? car booked in at Holden dealer Friday but just thought I would ask if anyone else has had issues before I jump up and down to much and look stupid, thanks.

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Still no complaints from me at all here. My car works flawlessly .doesn't rattle, Squeek or leak and it's love for bouncing off the limiter and being flogged around the hills/track haven't slowed it down one bit.

Maybe you guys are being too nice to your cars.