Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

adclawrence

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Calais 3.6
VE II MY12.5 SV6 Auto: After a week of owning it used, (14.5k on the clock) it decided to idle rough and accelerate sluggishly accompanied by a little orange engine light. A week later, it's right as rain.

Subjectively crappy audio system. That's more of a feature though, not a fault. My colleague's 09' S1 Omega single CD Blaupunkt puts out much better sound than the IQ in mine. Our 2003 Astra CDX has even better stock Blaupunkt audio yet.

barnesy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY12
VE II MY12 SV6 Manual Bought New: 45,000KMS and the clutch has been slipping (so I thought, confirmed by mechanic when I took back for the free Suttons 20 point check) for a little while now and the gear change from first to 2nd has always been a problem. (as I have mentioned in another post)

When I took it in for the check I told the bloke that it has been an ongoing problem (the gear change) and I've been driving manuals since I got my license 36 years ago and have never had this much trouble, but every time (3 times now) I'm told there is nothing wrong with it. This time I said to take it for a DRIVE, don't just putter around in it, drive like you would do everyday...surprise surprise, there is something not right and the clutch is slipping, have to remove gearbox to inspect clutch for further analysis...and just in case you are thinking that I'm dropping it when taking off, those days are many years behind me :)

So back in it went yesterday for 45K service and the clutch, got a phone call from them today to say the warranty manager will be looking at the situation and get back to me tomorrow. You can bet your bottom dollar they will be asking me to pay for it, even though I have reported a problem on previous occasions. How long should a clutch last these days, under NORMAL driving conditions? 45K seems a short time to me.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
2 1/2 years old. Not a single problem yet. Must have got a good one.

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
SV6 S2 Ve Sportswagon

Oil Consumption Replacement Engine (Short Block and Reco heads by local machine shop)
2 x Drivers Seat has had excessive side way movement
1 x A/C compressor noisey
1 x Door Switch which turns power off, as radio would stay on.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Only one issue on mine that is V8 engine specific which is Piston Slap. The rest of the car is perfect with 88k on it.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
2006 SSV

I also notice a lag in shifting between 2nd & 3rd gears on both auto and active select that's worse when it's cold but for all I know that may be perfectly normal.

Common issue with the 6 speed autos, can be fixed easily with a Camaro deep pan gearbox sump and caddy wide mouth filter. Best mod ive done to my car btw!

barnesy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY12
SV6 S2 Ve Sportswagon

Oil Consumption Replacement Engine (Short Block and Reco heads by local machine shop)
2 x Drivers Seat has had excessive side way movement
1 x A/C compressor noisey
1 x Door Switch which turns power off, as radio would stay on.

Had the door switch problem as well, had to trip it manually until fixed, problem there is sometimes couldn't close the door due to switch locking it, took some fiddling.

Nfsve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I think you'll find the clutch is considered a wear item and not covered by warrantee. Even though you may have looked after your car it is impossible for them to tell how the car has been treated.

barnesy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY12
I think you'll find the clutch is considered a wear item and not covered by warrantee. Even though you may have looked after your car it is impossible for them to tell how the car has been treated.

Lucky me, just received a call saying it will be sorted under warranty, 2nd one with similar problems in the last couple of years and they said they could see that the car has not been flogged. Better buy a lottery ticket. :)

sv6_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SV6
My 2011 MY12 SV6 auto ute has just ticked over 100K and thinking about the problems it has had, its hated me a lot from new.

-dealer poorly mounted sports bar on back, later removed it as it wasn't square to car and 3 replacements proved the same.
-dealer fitted lock nuts and placed the tool in a different car leaving me stranded at my first flat tire at 3K
-touch screen intermittently cranks the aircon fan to 100% with no control unless I turn the car off and back on, has had a software update every service since new not one has fixed it.
-Air con compressor Failed
-stopped quickly and the car would run on 3 cylinders and check engine light would come on. 7 trips to dealer to resolve as each visit would be an ecu reset and hand the car back, drive 100kms and BAM light back on. Turned out after a lot of escalating to be a faulty cat converter that took 6 weeks to order in.
-Both door switches have failed, passenger door requires a 3rd door switch now.
-Power steering pump failed
-Alternator is noisey
-transmission now is really jerky and clunky when cold
-engine consumes ALOT of oil. probably 1L every 2000-4000kms