Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

Michael-08-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve commodore
08 alloytech, a while ago started running VERY rough( like it had a HUGE cam) scanned the codes, multiple misfires and cylinder 5 misfire, replaced the plugs and took the battery off all fixed, had the original plugs in it since new or Atleast a damn long time, the gap on the old ones where NEARLY twice the gap of the new ones (I gap checked the new ones before they went in.) ran perfect after that. More a case of neglect then a fault.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Mid 2012 Series 2 VE SV6 Auto.

Purchased new and no issues at all and is run daily. Car occasionally idled a bit rough when cold when near new for a week or so but that corrected itself. A few owners with new cars reported that here I think. The engine idle is so smooth now you can barely tell if the engine is running if the radio is on. Prefers premium 95 petrol though which is what it gets about 95% of the time. Gets lots of engine oil/filter changes and runs well on GM spec fully synthetic 5w-30 Dexos 1. Came with written 5 year GMH factory warranty in the sales month I bought it so I have peace of mind for the period I will own it. New VF should be worth buying when GM finally sort the issues with that model.

DaleT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sport Wagon
Yesterday my 2010 Sport Wagon with 110,000km on it caught fire while not running and minutes after being parked in my driveway. The entire dash is effectively gone and the interior damage is significant ... it's a write off !! Other than a bull bar and driving lights fitted by Holden prior to delivery in 2010 the car was stock with no after market items fitted. Would be interested if anyone knows of similar incidents.

miike83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS EX CHASER
2007 clubsport Purchased less than a year ago....replaced air con belt(apparently it jumps off from excessive acceleration) replaced bushes & arms to loose a rattling noise in front suspension costing around $500(noise still there) now roof mounted dvd has decided to chuck it in lol(no video or sound but still power to it)

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I have the US 2009 Pontiac GT version.

So far nothing wrong and has 88,000 miles (141,592 km) on the clock.

The only thing that I have done is regular maintenance, not even a brake job since new.

I am on my 3 set of tires; the Goodyear RS A lasted 55,000 miles (estimated), Michelin Pilot Super Sport 30,000 miles (estimated) and now on my second set of Michelin.
Replaced the Battery this passed winter.

Other than that has been a fantastic car no drama whatsoever.

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
MY11 SSV Sportwagon auto

170,000 hard-earned fast km.

No complaints at all, Holden very compliant and all issues addressed immediately under warranty:

• drivetrain clunk / rattle (loose coupling bolt tailshaft to diff doughnut)
• radio stayed on when door closed (faulty switch)
• squeaky front dress (replaced balancer and a/c tensioner)
• rear passenger side window switch replaced (prolly my daughter)

Apart from car detail and fluids topped with every booking, lots of things tweaked / updated by Holden as courtesy since purchase including:

• replacement front floor mats
• replacement cargo net
• TCM software upgrade
• ECU software upgrade
• BCM software upgrade to provide 15a dual battery charge (Police mode)
• HIQ firmware upgrade
• SAT/NAV maps updgrade (with replacement HIQ)

Something_Wrong

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Sv6 Sports Wagon
SV6 S2 Ve Sportswagon

Oil Consumption Replacement Engine (Short Block and Reco heads by local machine shop)
2 x Drivers Seat has had excessive side way movement
1 x A/C compressor noisey
1 x Door Switch which turns power off, as radio would stay on.

Add to the list abvove (Now at 105,000km
2 x driver seat repairs still not fixed, seat back excessive sideways movement
1 x AC compressor failed
1 x water pump leaking
Bulbs keep blowing in the right rear taillight
1 x RHR seatbelt stalk $165 plus labour

dabons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1
Purchased a 2006 VE Omega 3-4 weeks ago.

210kms on the clock but is pretty sweet and full service history.

So far 2 new tyres (Car yard decided to sell it with 2 new tyres on the front and about 50% tread on the back).
DLink bushes changed.
Centre rear window brake light replaced (LEDs were dead).

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
2008 SV6 Alloytec Non Sidi 150,000
No real History service track (Sadly)
Owned for around a year, and have the dreaded P0008 randomly apearing and going.

Suspecting Sludge or Chains.
If i had to choose between the 2, im really hoping its the chains and not badly sludged.

Besides that, no other problems yet. (Touch Wood) Hopefully more dont pop up when changing chains.

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
SII Omega 292K - just passed rego
Issues>
  • Slight coolant leak from some random O-Ring just below the filler cap on the block - just keep adding coolant until I get interested in fixing it.
  • Drivers seat trim busted - not an issue
  • Random issue with HVAC. Doesn't set correctly every time it is started - all air to footwell - no change with any button on panel but if I stop (traffic lights will do) shut engine off, turn key completely off and open/close drivers door to shut down centre console (touch screen etc) and restart engine, everything works as advertised.
  • Sometimes the blinker/warning sounds go mute for a tank or two. They are back ATM but not sure for how long.

Still runs well - 7.8L/100 on Canberra run. 5W-30 Penrite oil religiously changed. Only needs another 30K before it owes me less (per Km) than my previous VY which carked it at 407K - Going to keep it until it is scrap value only so I don't give a damn about minor body scratches etc.

VY cost me 23K to buy in 2006 VE was 13K 5 years ago so I think I'm generally ahead. Neighbour has a 2015 VF Omega with 80K which he doesn't want to own for much longer and has indicated I can buy it for his trade in quote when he goes to get rid of it. Think I might head down that path even if it sits in the shed unregistered for a couple of years. Its what you know.....