Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your views on "Colin"

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Seaworld have room for a humpback whale?

I'm fairly sure they said on the news that within 5 weeks it would have been a 5 tonne beast or something along those lines. I do agree, if they kept it as a baby and tried to feed it they could always try to release it as a baby.

But they also said as a baby with no mother how would it cope?

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
whale meet is actually very nice.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other morning. All these do-gooders saying how disgraceful it was that no one was doing anything. People going as far as saying they were ashamed to be an Australian! Fact is they've only ever been able to successfully hand raise a whale calf once in the world and that was in the US. To do it they had to give the calf it's own tank, drain it and refill every two hours. ...and no one really knows what whales 'milk' is actually cosists of. They tried to lead it out to sea but it got attacked by sharks. What more do people want?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I couldn't believe what I was hearing the other morning. All these do-gooders saying how disgraceful it was that no one was doing anything. People going as far as saying they were ashamed to be an Australian! Fact is they've only ever been able to successfully hand raise a whale calf once in the world and that was in the US. To do it they had to give the calf it's own tank, drain it and refill every two hours. ...and no one really knows what whales 'milk' is actually cosists of. They tried to lead it out to sea but it got attacked by sharks. What more do people want?
Exactly! They explored all reasonable and possible options and they came up with the best one. There was nothing more that could be done that wasnt dragging out Colins death.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
If anyone here is on facebook, do a search for the 'in memory of colin' group, read some of the typical idiot comments. Here is just a select few:

Surely they could have flown her out to somewhere safe - they can track large pods of whales anywhere - they have scientists who fill their days with nothing BUT that sort of thing - odds are she would have attached herself to a mother. i dont think they really tried hard eough to save her. the public would have raised the money. i'm so bummed. makes you realise how heartless these japanese whalers are.

Colin was not evena male he was female goes to show what these scientest really now... I dont understand if we can put man on the moon how can we not save a poor helpless whale ...

what did they try to bo for this poor animal........nothing!!!
it all seemed too hard and just because it hadnt been done before doesnt mean it wouldnt have worked...they should have tried something. i hope it haunts them for a long time.

LOL i wonder how many of these people have a degree in marine biology and can actually make an educated opinion. I am so tempted to join the group to tell them how stupid they are and they their opinion means nothing.

Rishy

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Nissan GU Patrol
Lol at that group. How the hell did you come across that group? Theres quite a few groups under that name.