Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your's or the Bank's

Own it Outright or Nah the Banks lending it to me while I pay it off

• Total voters

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
Actually, leasing since the cascading FBT removal/changes is no longer as good. A personal loan and a logbook method can work out much better. This way you bypass FBT and claim the business percentage of interest on a loan plus running costs.

& get a nice depreciation & maintenance bonus at tax time

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Yep it is the smart way of doing things these days. Much like people who dismiss GE as a good service. I prefer to spend a banks money without any drop in interest on our cash in accounts. Interest free/low rate balance transfers, there is so many better ways to buy cars nowadays than simply paying cash.

As an example, in the last 6 years we have used GE without paying anything to them. Wait for minimum 3 years interest free and purchase. Best of all, since the GFC even using GE can get you good discounts on items. Keep money going into your bank earning interest, while you use theirs without ever paying a cent.
What about their account keeping fees:p.

Your spot on with GE. People who place hate on them dont understand the free interest period at all. these people use the card as if it were a atm card. big mistake get charged 27% interest and moan about it:hmmm:.

Yes own my own car not a cent paid to a bank for it.

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
i'd feel ashamed if i didn't own my car out right, i mean, if i needed a loan for $1000 that would be sad... haha

H4Z4RD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6 Sedan
Have had finance with other cars, but I'm cash all the way now.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I own my Commodore, my ute and my motorbike.
only thing I owe money on is my house

Not many people can pay for a house in cash though.

My parents told me a story about some bloke in QLD who bought an $800,000 house in cash a few years back. Rocked up to the bank and said he wanted $800k in physical cash notes.

Haha, just to be a prick I would get the money in $2 coins and tell the owner to count it :rofl:

Would be funny!

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Not many people can pay for a house in cash though.

My parents told me a story about some bloke in QLD who bought an $800,000 house in cash a few years back. Rocked up to the bank and said he wanted $800k in physical cash notes.

Haha, just to be a prick I would get the money in $2 coins and tell the owner to count it :rofl:

Would be funny!

Surely a cheque would be useful here. LOL

LittleMissVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport
Try saving.

What do you think I meant by saying we now are in a position to pay cash? We own my clubsport outright. My husbands cruiser was 120k.. How ####ing rich do you think we are? Was pushing it with the clubby, let alone the cruiser.

We couldn't afford before, because we'd just bought a house, were saving for our wedding, and job wise we weren't earning the money we do now. ####ing hell.