Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

z maloo and z maloo R8

hounsy61

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 ute
looking at buying a z series maloo and wondering what the exact differences are between the standard maloo and the R8 maloo and also what the difference is between the series 1 and series 2 maloo, thanks.

harley.t

Reaction score
Members Ride
z series my06 maloo r8
standard vs r8. r8 has leather interior, different rims (10 spoke) instead of solid 5 spoke, hardtop. both have same performance/suspension in r8 non r8 and series 1 and 2

series 1 vs series 2. series 2 different rims, twin hump hardtop and slightly different sailplane to suit, series 2 no rear spoiler

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
R8 = performance brakes aside from what is listed above. Series 2 maloo R8 alsoalso has unique wheels

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Clubby R8 has the bigger brakes, leather and bonnacle guages over the standard clubby.

Series 2 doesn't get the same wheels as the maloo. The only other difference between the S1 and S2 R8's is the S1 has Harrop 4 pot factory while the S2 has AP Racing 4 pot factory brakes AND the S2 Clubby R8 and Maloo R8 have the cooler repeaters.