Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB 20L T cold start slight miss like dirty fuel or blocked injector. Not fuel related, I run on 98 most times. It’s only cold start.

Jeff061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ZB 20L T 2019
Had it back to the dealer many times, the Cold Start issue ist there all the time, whenever it’s been tested it wasn’t showing the fault nor any codes on OBD. Will do this for example 5 mornings in a row then just stop for 2 weeks. It’s hard to pin down.
anyone With any thoughts please let me know. Cheers
Jeff

me_like_fuelBurners

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS V6
Had it back to the dealer many times, the Cold Start issue ist there all the time, whenever it’s been tested it wasn’t showing the fault nor any codes on OBD. Will do this for example 5 mornings in a row then just stop for 2 weeks. It’s hard to pin down.
anyone With any thoughts please let me know. Cheers
Jeff
I'm sure this has already been checked by yourself and/or the dealer, but I'll ask anyway... How is the condition of the battery and its connections?

Jeff061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ZB 20L T 2019
I'm sure this has already been checked by yourself and/or the dealer, but I'll ask anyway... How is the condition of the battery and its connections?
To be honest, no idea, it’s been serviced by Holden and in fact the problem started after a service. I’ll check the terminals tomorrow. Are you saying this could do this on cold start then stop once the vehicle is warmed up. Its only done 40K, nice car just annoying little problem cheers

Jeff061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ZB 20L T 2019
To be honest, no idea, it’s been serviced by Holden and in fact the problem started after a service. I’ll check the terminals tomorrow. Are you saying this could do this on cold start then stop once the vehicle is warmed up. Its only done 40K, nice car just annoying little problem cheers
I should also clarify, it starts immediately no hesitation, when the problem is present on idle it can be heard to miss fire slightly as it’s stationary, on departure and only slight impulse of the accelerator the surging/missing is evident.
The next day it just may not do it again for another week then do it several days in a row. Weird hope that explains a little better cheers

me_like_fuelBurners

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS V6
interesting... many things that could cause this. I'd be thinking leads, spark plugs, maybe hp fuel pump (long shot)?
I also found this:
1693932071569.png

not sure if that might help, good luck.

Jeff061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ZB 20L T 2019
interesting... many things that could cause this. I'd be thinking leads, spark plugs, maybe hp fuel pump (long shot)?
I also found this:
View attachment 256971
I also found this:
View attachment 256971
Ok!! I think your prob close to the mark with the attachment, I’ll have a chat with Holden and see what they say, like everything these days I’m sure it will be deflect deflect until the customer loses interest. If you happen to have time, could you flick me over the source of the attachment. Appreciate the input. Cheers

me_like_fuelBurners

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore RS V6
Ok!! I think your prob close to the mark with the attachment, I’ll have a chat with Holden and see what they say, like everything these days I’m sure it will be deflect deflect until the customer loses interest. If you happen to have time, could you flick me over the source of the attachment. Appreciate the input. Cheers
the source of the attachment is from the one and only @stooge so I cant take credit for anything more than using the search tool (it is a very mysterious & powerful tool, I highly recommend trying it if you dare :p;):cool:)
It's from the 2018-20 Buick Regal Service Manual
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/service-manual.283837/

the manual is a bit of a 'choose your own adventure' style book, but if you stick to the bookmarks you should find everything you need to know. Just make sure you stick to the 2.0L stuff under the engine chapters.
Enjoy

Jeff061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore ZB 20L T 2019
the source of the attachment is from the one and only @stooge so I cant take credit for anything more than using the search tool (it is a very mysterious & powerful tool, I highly recommend trying it if you dare :p;):cool:)
It's from the 2018-20 Buick Regal Service Manual
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/service-manual.283837/

the manual is a bit of a 'choose your own adventure' style book, but if you stick to the bookmarks you should find everything you need to know. Just make sure you stick to the 2.0L stuff under the engine chapters.
Enjoy
Ok cheers and thank you to all, appreciate your input again. I’ve relayed this to my Holden branch, will see after the 18th of September what they come up with, or if they come up with anything.
either way I’ll give you the heads up on the outcome or the progress report when I have it. Cheers