Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB VSR 2020 Climate Control Fan Whining Noise

Roly Roly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 2015 VF Sedan 3.6 i SV6
Hi All, I have a 2020, ZB, VSR with 38,000K on the clock. The ventilation fan is very noisy with a whining sound in all modes, especially at low speeds and sounds like the whining is going up and down with the engine revs. The only way to shut it up is to turn the fan off and then everything is nice a quiet as it should be. I'm very keen to hear if anybody else is experiencing this issue or if it's a common inherent issue and of course what's the fix.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide me with some advise in guiding me to a resolution on this issue.
Cheers

SolairXI

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS 3.6
Mine does the same (2019 RS) I’ve read others complaining about it. I think it’s just an annoying aspect of the car you’ll have to live with.

Loud music all Summer!

Roly Roly

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore 2015 VF Sedan 3.6 i SV6
Mine does the same (2019 RS) I’ve read others complaining about it. I think it’s just an annoying aspect of the car you’ll have to live with.

Loud music all Summer!
Hey, Thanks for your comments. It was very cold here today and I noticed following start up the fan wasn't the noisy / whining, but then the whining noise became loud once the engine was up to temperature - so I'm thinking this noise issue may be related to a duct damper that changes state at operating temperature rather than the actual fan!!
Hopefully somebody will come forward with some additional information as I really don't want to live with it , even though I like loud music !!! Cheers

ads_german

Reaction score
I think this is common to all ZB's, mine definitely does the same, and I read about it in reviews when the ZB was new (described as a sound "you can't unhear once you hear it"). It's definitely super irritating! I find it only makes the sound when the aircon is turned on, regardless of whether set to heating or cooling, so I turn mine off and just use the fan for as much of the year as possible.