Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone fitted a CRS kit to a VY 3.8Lt

C

cmelb

Hi All, Just curious to know if anyone has fitted the CRS SC kit to the VY 3.8lt.

As I haven't seen anywhere on the site the CRS Kit used on the VY's

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
if its an ecotech then they do. you'd be better buying the s/c of ebay and fitting that up, will probably end up cheaper.
Ive seen setups done on vn's ect for around $500 complete, beats CRS's price. Im buying a 2 liter toyota charger off ebay (same s/c that CRS use) and fitting that to my VT, ive never seen any pics of a toyota charger on an ecotech so if anyone has some can you please post

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
Look for powerups posts. I remember seeing he had a link to a site (car domain or some other) with his car and pics under the bonnet.

C

cmelb

He has the VS. Here is the link to the site. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/841969

To be honhest I wouldnt know where to start just buying supercharger off ebay. If there was someone down here in Melbourne that was willing to offer a helping hand that would be awesome as I havent seen it done to a VY.

I know it can be done for that price, but unless I find more info or someone who is willing to help, I see myself having to buy the CRS Kit complete.

figis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CALAIS
you shoul save ur $$$ an buy a rator s/c

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
why a properly setup and tuned CRS kit will run 13 secs on the 1/4.. for the money you cant really complain with that.

that cetainly isn't a standard CRS kit...... standard anything really. very nice ride though

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Remember those supperchargers are designed for little 4 cylinder toyotas, for a decent boost increase you would be putting alot of load onto a sc14 kit. Your better off saving up some cash so your car will still be trouble free for years to come.