Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Hsv 5l Mods?

J

Jono

Hey guys i got a 195i engine in my 99VT calais but the not as powerful as i first thought :confused: i was thinking of pacy extracts going into a twin 2 1/2 system with 1 muffler on each pipe, K&N panel, some sort of memcal (sugestions) or what else you think for around 3 to 4 grand to get the most power.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
yeah go for the exhaust, do it right, do it once...extractors, nice pipes, cats and mufflers....add a few hp and a nicer note. bit of change left, you can go the k&n panel filter too... :D

J

Jono

back resy

The exahaust is a twin 2 1/4 all the through with 1 muffler (HSV stamp on them) on each pipe. But it has two little pipes joining them after the mufflers sorta like a double H-pipe. I choped off the back resy and put two pipes at the end to make it sound louder and it does plus it looks better.

But when im slowly accelerating around 1500 to 2000 rpm i just hear a blaaaaaaaaa sounds crap till it gets past that range. When i put the foot down it sounds awsome. What do you guys think i should do.

Maybe i should just do the whole exhaust front to back or is there a liitle fix i can do?

PS: if so should i go the twin or 3"

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Im running twin 2 1/4 through twin cats into a single 3" muffler mandrell bent with a 3" hotdog at the rear. I dont know about any droning sort of noises yet as I havent finished building the car I hope to drive it in the next month

cheers
Scott

J

Jono

I think its the little double h-pipe thing in the middle because the gases cross flow. But then a again i got a auto.

yet it will still do it if i drive it in first and that basicly simulates a manual in first gear.

355boost

i personally would look at other mods rather than exhaust you have to understand that the motor was tuned with those extractors, so having that in mind i would look at some mods that would really give you the feel of getting increases in power.

Diff ratios? in your car i would go 3.7-1 the reason is cause the 215kw gts e.t.c came with 3.45-1 and the extra kw come from a few increases to the memcal.

heads and cam package approx 2.5k will give you a considerable increase in power. anyway i have a bit of experience with the aussie blovk let me know if you need help.

B

BOOSTVN

if you have 4 or 5 g to play with i would definatly go extractors and a decent system, cold air induction, and change your cam, then reprogramme your computer. :w00t:

B

big_al

if you got 4-5 grand, 70mm throttle body with maf tube and filter, modified exhaust (full or cat back) mild head work to lift comp ratio to around 9.2:1, crane 276 cam- 1stage up from grp a, new memcal and a dyno should lift ya rear wheel power (if ya have a 195kw 5 litre) from around 125kw to around 180kw, with out damaging or straining ya internals. i definetly recommend a fuel system clean out for maximum benefit, clean and flow test ya injectors. better again for a few more grand log on to yelle terra and check out there superchargers..instant 250rwkw beast