Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Door issues

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Hi all,
Has anyone here had an issue with any of the doors in the VE sounding hollow ?

Our SV6 was fine when new and after about a year and a bit the drivers door started to sound very hollow and "tinny" when closed.
All other doors still sound solid and well put together.

A few weeks ago there was also a screeching/scratching sound when the window would go down on the drivers door but that has since stopped.

We have mentioned it to the dealer several times and they have said its normal which I refuse to beive.
I have never heard another VE door sound like that and it makes no sense that the rest of the doors sound fine and this one sound shocking.

We have had nothing but issues with this car and overall for faults it has been the worst car my family has ever owned.

So has anyone else had this issue and was it solved by a dealer or someone who actually knows what there on about ?

Cheers

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Hi all,
Has anyone here had an issue with any of the doors in the VE sounding hollow ?

Our SV6 was fine when new and after about a year and a bit the drivers door started to sound very hollow and "tinny" when closed.
All other doors still sound solid and well put together.

A few weeks ago there was also a screeching/scratching sound when the window would go down on the drivers door but that has since stopped.

We have mentioned it to the dealer several times and they have said its normal which I refuse to beive.
I have never heard another VE door sound like that and it makes no sense that the rest of the doors sound fine and this one sound shocking.

We have had nothing but issues with this car and overall for faults it has been the worst car my family has ever owned.

So has anyone else had this issue and was it solved by a dealer or someone who actually knows what there on about ?

Cheers

I was given an SV6 VE hire the other week, it had the same problems.

Consider garaging your car!

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
I know old thread.. same issue with one of my doors. No idea why either! left front for me.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Check the integrity of the doorseal - could be something as simple as that - hopefully.

Replacing the right door seal tomorrow as its creaky.

Its def. not the door seal :( I wish it was. It sounds tinny even when its open. Checked and everything appears to be in there lol.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Id be removing the door trim first

Pry the inside door handle to door retaining screw cover (1) using a suitable tool.
Remove the inside door handle to door retaining screw cover (1) from the door trim panel (3).
Remove the inside door handle to door retaining screw (2).
Remove the door trim panel to door retaining screws (1). (Around the edges of the door trim, and under the armrest)
Firmly pull on the armrest handle to release the door trim panel to door retaining clips.
Remove the door trim panel from the door to allow access to door handle cable, door lock cable and courtesy light electrical connectors (if fitted).
The door handle and lock cables slide out and lift up to remove from the door trim panel.
Disconnect the inside door handle cable (1) and door lock cable (2) from the door trim panel.
Disconnect the courtesy light electrical connectors (1) from the door trim panel (2) (if fitted).
Remove the door trim panel (2) from the door.

Check for anything loose such as door actuator, power window regulator etc etc also check for loose items in base of door. If that all checks out ensure the seals are seated in the window tracks and that the glass isnt contacting metal anywhere.

Morpheus

2007 SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SS VE V8
My LH sid front door does that as well, it sh!ts me but as it's not the drivers side, I put up with it.

It almost sems likes some sound deadner has come away or fallen off. All my other door are fine as is the door seals on the side making the sound. Anyone who uses the door coments on it, I just put it down to it may have had a smash on that door with the last owner.

Morpheus.

crackah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Thanks Ricey. I have removed the trim and checked and everything seems alright.

I may take it apart further this weekend if I get time

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
hey guys. just thought id bump this up as im having the same problem and the mrs points it out every now and then! anyone found a fix ? only lh front door does it. if its as simple as removing door trim and glueing/tightening something ill fix it! otherwise ill just fix the mrs.. also rhs window squeels like a bitch when going down. seems to be more often on hot days. is there a spray product or something that will coat the seal and stop the noise?

cheers, vince.