Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Bra

ypod

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Has anyone bought a car bra from "originalpartsgroup" on ebay?
Just wondering whether they would vouch for it because it's a lot cheaper than buying from "CAR-BRA". Not to mention CAR-BRA wanna charge $57 to deliver locally.
At the same time, want to make sure I get a quality product that won't damage the car i.e. paint and provide same level of protection (but saving a few bucks don't hurt either).

Cheers!

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
I got mine from there.. i uploaded pics onto my intro thread..

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/123958-my-new-ve-08-sv6-red-manual-loving.html

They are ok considering they are so much cheaper but still not as good as the original CAR-BRA.. My dad had the original CAR-BRA on his FPV BFII GT and said that his one was a bit thicker..
If maintained correctly it wont damage your car.. i.e not leaving it on when the cars wet...

Not sure if that helps at all..

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
:rofl2:Car bra! LOL! When do you take it off so that your car doesn't look handicapped?:rofl2:

BOY1236

Crazy dude in a V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS (4-speed auto)
Car bra! LOL! When do you take it off so that your car doesn't look handicapped?

I bet if you have to do ~200kms of highway driving everyday, getting a bra is a much better choise than having the front repainted .... like i'm doing right now ...

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I bet if you have to do ~200kms of highway driving everyday, getting a bra is a much better choise than having the front repainted .... like i'm doing right now ...

HI-way driving? No I don't have much troule with having to get my front repainted after driving on the hiway.

Clitz 2

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s2
1 - If you did 200km's of highway everyday i'd hope you would earn enough money at this job in order to pay for a re-spray

2 - Why would you drive a car which you worry about ruining the paint job on, 200km's every day? F the paint what about the wear on the engine?

Car bra's look freaking stupid man

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
the front of mine is stuffed too and needs to get repainted due to a lot of highway k's soi i can see why mate expecialy if there are trucks around too

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
stupid question, but need to ask it...

just bought one, though the two flap things along the top in the middle of the bonnet, they have some small PVC pieces in there to keep it rigid/upright, is that just a packaging thing, or do they stay in there?