Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS commodore Fuel pump draining 0.74a

tiersum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Equipe
hey all seems odd to me any help would be appreciated

Car off fuel pump fuse in 0.97a - 0.98a

car off fuel pump fuse out 0.13a - 0.14a

is this normal ?

My car seems to get a flat battery after two days its a new battery 2 weeks old been a problem for a while now checked the multimeter and these were the only results i found that reduced the 0.97a draw when the car is turned off

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'd say it ain't normal. Check what else is on that circuit....at a first guess I'd say the oil pressure warning switch although normally this just shorts and blows the fuse. Have you checked it in the dark of night - look for light!

tiersum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Equipe
wouldnt the oil pressure switch cause a error code i get code 12 which is all good , its the fuel pump fuse in the engine bay that i removed its the only thing it fuses i beleive

BottleFedVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0L & 80 Series Landcruiser
The BCM (Body Control Module) is also on the circuit.
All electrical circuits in the car pass through this module, & if there is an issue with this module it will continue to draw power.
if you are still having trouble with this circuit you will need to test this by using a second BCM. however you will need the key (remote head) that is programed to match the second BCM.
if you still have the current draw it will not be the BCM but I think you will find that it will solve the problem.
Unfortunately it can be an expensive fix, but if you can borrow the bcm from another VR/VS that would be better.

i Hope that Helps.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you will never have 0.00 current draw ecu is allways sucking power so is other stuff. ide unplug the oil pressure switch and see if the extra drain goes awaythough .

tiersum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Equipe
where is the oil pressure switch located

tiersum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Equipe
whats the light got to do at night with the pressure switch just have the bonnet open and someelse cranking the car and see if it lights up ?

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
there is a know issue that a few members on this forum have had. its to do with the bcm and the auto light feature. if you leave the headlight switch on and you open the door the lights go out (normal) but for some reason the lights come back on later on say 2am or something silly. my vr berlina (high bcm) has done this once and since than (and doing some googlein manly finding jc threads) i never leave the lights on.

tiersum

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Equipe
nargh my headlights dont stay on they always turn off when the door is opened but they have never turned on by themselves yet .....

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
What I mean't by looking at night for light means looking to see if the glovebox light or the bootlight is staying on....you can't see them in daylight ! Also the oil pressure switch is directly in front of the oil filter facing forward - has an electrical connector to it. To isolate it simply pull the connector off and see if you still have drain.