Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New key cut for hsv maloo and it wont start

vsmaloo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs hsv maloo
Great people out there, i have a little dilema, My ute key went through the wash at work and lo and behold jump in the ute this morning and no go. Now ive had a new key cut and same thing happens, turn it on the fan turns on and everything has power but the starter motor has no go what so ever, now ive read it may be the immobiliser in other forums, but id like some answers. Any one that has any helpful advise would be greatly appreciated.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
If they whole key went through the wash you will need a new black part of the key (cant think of its name right now) and get it re programmed to suit...

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Agreed, they dont do so well once they've been washed lol so you are up for a whole new key. If you cant afford a whole new key you could try taking it apart, dropping in metho and letting it dry out for a couple days. Works for mobile phones too lol.

vsmaloo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs hsv maloo
yea i got a whole new complete key and yea it wont start.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
yea i got a whole new complete key and yea it wont start.

Did you just get the metal peice cut or did you get a whole new chip thingy inside the black part??? Did you get it reprogrammed at all??

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
did they program it to the bcm? if not then its yoru imobiliser stopping it from working

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
you need a mechanic with a tech 2 tool. they will know how to do it or maybe a good locksmith that sells the keyheads can do it for you